• stats Total Topics: 10962
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 70
  • stats Most Online: 64

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Honda Parts Online Australia
« Last post by kazdeluxe on Yesterday at 20:03 »
Hi Cass, in Brisbane i use Pro Honda.  Ebay (yes i find Ebay 99% great & buy from the states also)buying parts over 30yrs i find that you have to do your homework.
Ask the gurus / Re: Suitable Spin-on Oil Filter for MurrayF's Adapter
« Last post by bahn88 on Yesterday at 19:52 »
I'm no guru but-The website lists tested filters as you'll be aware:
https://murrayscarbs.com/product/spin-on-oil-filter-adapter/

if you can't access these I'd suggest going to a local repco/autobahn and sourcing an equivalent e.g. Hiflo
(I suggest repco/autobahn as from experience-they tend to have some "nouse", once you know the alternatives-any retailer.

Some of murray's recommendations are available locally-e.g the K&N:
https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/k-and-n-oil-filter-racing-hp-3003
General Discussion / Re: What's happening today?
« Last post by ACE on Yesterday at 16:21 »
Just a heads up for those people who don't get their emails, it's motorbike gear at Aldi time.
Saturday the 18th in Melbourne, don't know about other states. It might be time for a new helmet for the Postie and might get some new gloves too.

Also on sale in NSW.

Do we need to get Ace his woolen top as he probably will not be back in time and he normally gets one each year?

Lol yes I do...or did....so I probably have enough!  Might not stay for Victorian winters much anyway as the life of a grey nomad is pretty damn good!  Currently at Big Crystal national park camp near Paluma in QLD in stunning weather!
Cheers
Ace
Seagarss
« Last post by bahn88 on Yesterday at 13:43 »
Western Motorcycles in Penrith NSW - will make you pay for the part first - and if they get it wrong (happened to me twice) - they will finally get it right. This necessitated two trips to their premises and I wasn't happy to have to do this when they screwed up.

Iv'e used them (Western) about 4 times without any issue.

Might stay with Bolton's then-although you need to pre-pay they allow you to cancel an order if its taking too long (e.g back order), and refund within a day or so.
Western Motorcycles in Penrith NSW - will make you pay for the part first - and if they get it wrong (happened to me twice) - they will finally get it right. This necessitated two trips to their premises and I wasn't happy to have to do this when they screwed up.
« Last post by bahn88 on Yesterday at 12:09 »
If looking for OEM parts online, may I suggest:
Bolton Motorcycles (Kyneton, Vic)-free standard post.
Western Motorcycles (NSW).
Both communicate fairly well-the Bolton site lets you also see "held stock" & "stock in Australia"
Be aware though, that many less usual CX parts will still be "backorders" if available.

Some parts are cheaper via Silvers (UK) even with overseas mail(!) and arrive in less time than a local backorder from Japan (6weeks+)

« Last post by 82 Turbo & 2001 Valkyrie on Yesterday at 08:09 »
Thanks Chris,

The bolt was pretty tight - I was more concerned that it would snap off in the support rail and then I would be totally frustrated. I did have a complete spare rear grab rail I picked up from somewhere and I decided to use that support rail - as the rubber cover is in a lot better condition than the original one.  But I still had to remove that section off the side rail to use it or put it back together. 

I got a birthday present a few years ago and got some nice long handled Hex tools - they were up to the task - just trying to grab hold of the rail was the hardest bit.

cheers

2angel
« Last post by white knight on Yesterday at 07:22 »
Charley-I recently bought myself a 3/8th drive hex socket set-Teng Tools 8 piece-it allows you to use a breaker bar or torque wrench on stubborn hex bolts-I realise the CX has few of these-as a matter of fact they are only on the grab rail IIRC-I really got it for working on the XSR as is has 95% hex bolts, done up at the factory by Sumo wrestlers using Locktite :boohoo:
General Discussion / Honda Parts Online Australia
« Last post by Cass on Yesterday at 06:45 »
Ordered a couple rubber bushes and a couple screws from this Mob Honda Parts Online Australia

only cost me $20 or so and still waiting for a response 2 week late. They don't respond to phone calls

or Emails or even the complaints raised on their site.

My STRONG ADVISE STAY WELL CLEAR OF HONDA PARTS ONLINE AUSTRALIA.

Rubbish with a capital " R ". 2tickedoff

Cass
« Last post by Seagrass on 14-Aug-18, 22:34 »
Just a heads up for those people who don't get their emails, it's motorbike gear at Aldi time.
Saturday the 18th in Melbourne, don't know about other states. It might be time for a new helmet for the Postie and might get some new gloves too.

Also on sale in NSW.

Do we need to get Ace his woolen top as he probably will not be back in time and he normally gets one each year?

Seagarss
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

* From the Gallery ...