• stats Total Members: 1618
  • stats Total Posts: 130484
  • stats Total Topics: 10909
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 70
  • stats Most Online: 64

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
CX & GL Technical Stuff / Re: CX500 rear fender/mudguard hole?
« Last post by bahn88 on Yesterday at 18:19 »
has anyone tested either the vortex effect or slipstream effect with and without that bung?
Ask the gurus / Re: can I change my standard head light to LED
« Last post by madmechanic on 19-Jun-18, 19:55 »
if the headlight park leds are blue like the picture you'll get pulled up and charged real fast as its totally illegal to show blue light from a vehicle unless your a police officer . i tried a few different cheap led headlights ie under 50 bucks and they most  had unacceptable beams and were made of cheap nasty plastic, some broke when i tightened the bolts up even . in the end we fitted 2 x 5 led driving lights as headlights 1 long range for high beam and 1 with a wide spread for low beam , they looked a bit poxy but worked great and had a terrific beam and only cost a mere 15 bucks .but i had to buy about 20 different types of led head and driving lights to find some decent ones and in some cases identical items from the same sellers were of differing quality .
CX & GL Technical Stuff / Re: Rear engine cover oil seal
« Last post by VC3 on 19-Jun-18, 01:36 »
CMSNL lists them here, 9 Euros, haven't a clue what postage would be:  https://www.cmsnl.com/products/oil-seal22x36x7_91202mc7000/#.WyfQ3_ZFy70

See what happens with WEMOTO....if that falls through I'll check postage on a seal to you.

« Last post by Bingoboy78 on 18-Jun-18, 23:26 »
I have been onto wemoto australian web site and put in the oem part No. that eric posted and ordered one, $25  Have to wait an see what happens.   NailBiter
I may still need your help Victor.
Will keep you posted. 
B
« Last post by ericclapham on 18-Jun-18, 21:25 »
Just looked it up in my file. The MC7 one cost me $9.00 + PP from CMS.
« Last post by Bingoboy78 on 18-Jun-18, 15:09 »
Thanks for your advice JC I have spoken to the perth Honda dealer,they can request a back order from Japan,who may have one, could take 4-5 weeks if available. Cost $28.95.
I think Victor's offer is the way to go and I greatly appreciate all your help
Cheers   B
« Last post by Bingoboy78 on 18-Jun-18, 14:45 »
Hello again,
I have been on both CMSL and WEMOTO web sites and I cant find a listing for the seal I want.
I would like to take up your offer Victor to buy one from you,how would we go about that?
B.
« Last post by J.C. on 17-Jun-18, 22:13 »
Try giving your local Honda dealer a call with that part number to see what they say.

Sometimes the prices are OK, sometimes ridiculous.
« Last post by Bingoboy78 on 17-Jun-18, 21:54 »
Thanks for the replies and information guys, yes its the one with the flange.
I just need to know if I can get one in Perth or on line.
I bought a set of gaskets from japan on ebay but that seal was'nt in it.
cheers   B
CX & GL Technical Stuff / Re: CX500 rear fender/mudguard hole?
« Last post by madmechanic on 17-Jun-18, 19:42 »
i lost one and couldn't find a replacement so i covered the head of a cut off coach bolt in black silicone and stuck it to the hole it took the owner over 10 years to realise it was metal not rubber haha
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

* From the Gallery ...

Puggle