Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Adjustable Preload Caps  (Read 235 times)

Cass

Adjustable Preload Caps
« Started on: 30-Mar-18, 09:08 »
Anybody using Adjustable Preload Caps on 33mm forks, if so are they worth the investment?

https://motofaction.org/part-reviews/ttr400-preload-adjuster-fork-cap-set-33mm-review-honda-cx500-400-064S/

Cass

J.C.

Re: Adjustable Preload Caps
« Reply #1 on: 30-Mar-18, 11:13 »
My review, I used them for a while to play with preload settings easily - and it’s sure easier to put the caps on and -then- set preload rather than have to fight the added spring pressure from added preload by washers etc...

Saves time tweaking and the range of preload adjustment is meaningful. Certainly not necessary for mucking around with preload as you can just install washers of various thicknesses to achieve the same thing.

Cass

« Reply #2 on: 30-Mar-18, 11:33 »
Thanks JC I'm Hearing You!

Cass

Onetrack

« Reply #3 on: 30-Mar-18, 14:51 »

Cass

« Reply #4 on: 30-Mar-18, 15:48 »
Yes you can!

However I'd like to know the feedback from those who purchased this item or similar product, Please!

Cass

VC3

« Reply #5 on: 30-Mar-18, 15:50 »
Post your question on the CC Forum, probably several members have tried them......that is, if you don't get responses here.....

Cass

« Reply #6 on: 30-Mar-18, 16:00 »
Thank You VC3.

Cass

Seagrass

« Reply #7 on: 30-Mar-18, 17:10 »
Adjustable preload is an interesting thing and is more a convenience than a necessity.

If you look into how to set up the suspension correctly, you will find out how to set the preload to match your bike with yourself (and the load you normally carry). Once set, you only need to change it when the load on the bike changes.

Knowing this, once you set the preload you may never need to change it. This has always been my experience on bikes I have owned with adjustable preload but I suppose it may not be everybody’s experience.

Personally if the adjustable preload caps are affordable I would probably still install them as it can be a real pain in the bum adjusting the preload with washers or coins etc.

Seagrass

Cass

« Reply #8 on: 30-Mar-18, 17:46 »
One up

Or

For Two Up,

Or

How about Two Up With Gear?

Load may change , Bike must change.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #9 on: 30-Mar-18, 18:38 »
If you do your suspension up to suit your riding style there are several steps to measure and adjust by various methods for front and rear set ups.

The problem being making adjustments on the fly if the riding situation changes, examples being extra load and different road conditions.

While having the bike set for solo riding and normal riding environment should be your optimum settings. As long as you are not Valentino Rossi, once you have it set - then forget it.

I just like to ride, and know the bike you are riding with it's handling characteristics.

cheers

doddsy1000

« Reply #10 on: 31-Mar-18, 06:26 »
For such an old bike, adjustable pre load can save buying new springs.  :2afro:

VladTepes

« Reply #11 on: 03-Apr-18, 14:52 »
Check out the adjustable preload caps I had made in my bike thread.  Not cheap but they look good.... :)

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle