Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Phreaks phingy.  (Read 9334 times)

CX PHREAK

Re: Phreaks phingy.
« Reply #100 on: 05-Dec-16, 16:17 »
Cutting iseasy. I just used a hacksaw blade Vlad.

The welding I did using an 80 watt soldering iron and strips of the parent material as filler.

Melt where you want to put the weld with the iron and melt the filler strip straight onto the area while the repair area is still molten. This will unsure a strong bond.

You can either leave your weld as finished or rip it down with some 60 grit or similar. Then you can go up through the grades until the area is as smooth as you want it.

Best to practice with some scraps first until you have a feel for it but it's not really that difficult.

Just back from the shopping. $h!+ this thing goes well. And mechanically quiet.

VladTepes

« Reply #101 on: 05-Dec-16, 16:48 »
 You mentioned that you plasti-welded a new 'section' into the inner guard when you remade it. What did you use for this infill?
PM if you prefer not to clutter the thread. :)

CX PHREAK

« Reply #102 on: 05-Dec-16, 17:07 »
I used another section of inner guard Vlad.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #103 on: 01-Jan-19, 13:09 »
 :nyah:

doddsy1000

« Reply #104 on: 01-Jan-19, 18:44 »
Wow!  As always Mark  :good: :good:

CX PHREAK

« Reply #105 on: 21-Jan-19, 12:50 »
Thanks Doddsy.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #106 on: 21-Jan-19, 13:37 »
Mark,

I think I have seen that petrol tank badge somewhere before  :)

CX PHREAK

« Reply #107 on: 21-Jan-19, 15:36 »
Mayhap.  :tease:

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #108 on: 21-Jan-19, 19:54 »
It looks good in that spot..something definitely unique... 2smiley

CX PHREAK

« Reply #109 on: 21-Jan-19, 20:07 »
I've been building this with the idea that if you don't immediately recognise it as a CX you won't know what it is.

That's the only thing on the entire bike that says Honda.

VladTepes

« Reply #110 on: 12-Mar-19, 13:12 »
Its looking great mate.  Are you a Woody Guthrie fan?

CX PHREAK

« Reply #111 on: 12-Mar-19, 14:19 »
Yes mate, i like all protest folk music and Woody was one of the earliest and the greatest. His son Arlo was also pretty good.

I have many covers of his stuff done by Jim and Ingrid Croce. It was a project of theirs to preserve much of this stuff as not all of it was recorded.

Songs aren't usually written about life anymore anyway.

This land is your land is still sometimes used by US political parties - who Woody would likely have despised.

Shades of Clive Palmer.  :tease:

VC3

« Reply #112 on: 12-Mar-19, 15:17 »
Not to hijack, but have you heard Springsteen's "Ghost of Tom Joad"?

Or, his "Youngstown"?

Krisby

« Reply #113 on: 12-Mar-19, 21:09 »
Paraphrasing what Woody had written on his guitar.........  And Woody was a great inspiration to a young Robert Zimmerman .........

CX PHREAK

« Reply #114 on: 12-Mar-19, 21:50 »
Funny you should mention those songs Victor. I'm pretty sure my brother recently gave me one of Bruces recent albums with that lot on it as he transfers his CDs to some sort of digital storage.

I've not played it yet though as I've not been out in the shed much since before Christmas.

I'll let you know what I think when I've played it.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #115 on: 12-Mar-19, 21:52 »
Not paraphrased Krisby - verbatim. I even did my best to emulate the hand printing.

I've always loved that card on Woodys guitar. :)

Yep, he was Bobs idol and a huge influence.

Joolstacho

« Reply #116 on: 13-Mar-19, 13:07 »
And don't forget Jack Elliott -he did Woodie's songs better than Woodie, and check Ramblin' Jack's Cocaine blues, and San Fransisco bay blues.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #117 on: 13-Mar-19, 14:49 »
Cocaine blues was originally done by Johnny Cash I think. I have a cover by George Thorogood.

But I'll check those out on ewechoob.

Joolstacho

« Reply #118 on: 13-Mar-19, 15:13 »
Cocaine Blues. Written and performed first by 'Blind' Rev Gary Davis, a Frisco Bay street blues player well known for his 'Piedmont' fingerpicking blues style.
Rambin' Jack picked it up when he was knocking about with Woody and Leadbelly, he recorded it on a great rare 10" album he released in London in the early '60s where we first learnt it... best album he's ever played. Brilliant tracks on it like Muleskinner Blues, Boll Weavil Blues, Pretty Boy Floyd etc. Later Johnny Cash did it. Keef did a version of it that we used to play in the cloakroom at Sidcup Art School.
But I play it better than him even if I do say it myself!!!  cool0010  happy0065  2cheer

Krisby

« Reply #119 on: 13-Mar-19, 16:37 »
CX PHREAK:  Indeed you are correct, as a quick Googling has confirmed.... I had thought what he wrote on his guitar was: "This Guitar Kills Fascists". 

CX PHREAK

« Reply #120 on: 13-Mar-19, 17:38 »
Thanks for the clarification Joolstacho, I have some education coming. :)

And just for anybody who's never seen it.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #121 on: 07-Apr-19, 20:15 »
Painted and striped. Sidecovers still to have the stripes rubbed out then all is ready for clear coat.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #122 on: 15-Apr-19, 21:23 »
And clear coated pending cut and polish

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #123 on: 15-Apr-19, 21:31 »
Mark,

Love the style of the blinkers and tail light - looks like you pinched them from an old chevvy..   2smiley

Mins Man

« Reply #124 on: 15-Apr-19, 21:36 »
Really like the colour Mark, very similar to what I've painted my 500T.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle