Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: My Turbo - refurbishment project - long winded  (Read 5191 times)

Onetrack

Re: My Turbo - refurbishment project - long winded
« Reply #250 on: 01-Dec-18, 19:34 »
Buff, here is your big chance to fix that problem, a 650 of course...
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/duncraig/motorcycles/honda-cx-650-turbo/1196416538

It only takes money.
"Young" Les F

white knight

« Reply #251 on: 02-Dec-18, 04:08 »
Sorry about the 4.5 year comment Chas,I was going by how long this thread has been going,but 8 years golly.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #252 on: 08-Dec-18, 15:20 »
Rode up to Katoomba this morning, and took my new braided lines with me.

Front brake lines replaced - took a little bit of time to get all the air out, the lever has a slightly harder feel to it.

Rear line replaced and the foot pedal bled up easily and the pedal is quite hard.

On the way home did not do any emergency stops - but they certainly do pull up quicker, and very firm on the rear.

Happy that they have been replaced.

Suspension is working very nicely - and the front seals (fingers crossed) have not leaked.

Cheers guys - now sitting in the air con.

Filled up on the way home - looks like I am getting about 20km per litre - and very impressed with that.

Still adjusting my throttle control and learning how to ride this best. The speedo is quite out of sync - judging by my DIGIHUD app on the phone - looks like
60 on the phone app  = just over 70km/h on speedo
70 on the phone app  = close to 85km/h on speedo
80 on the phone app  = a tad under 100km/h on speedo
100 on the phone app = close to 115km/h on speedo
110 on the phone app = close to 125km/h on speedo

Approximate 12% error - I can live with that  2angel

Seagrass

« Reply #253 on: 08-Dec-18, 15:51 »
My speedo was also out, but not quite that much. I had it rebuilt and calibrated at a cost of about $300 which hurt at the time but it is much better knowing it is correct.

Seagrass

BUFF7454

« Reply #254 on: 08-Dec-18, 16:54 »
20 k to the litre Charlie. What are you towing it with the Valkarie and counting the fuel it uses as well. The M109 1800 will do just under 18 without the trailer. Send it up here and I will see if I can fix it for you over the next 10 or so years.

doddsy1000

« Reply #255 on: 09-Dec-18, 10:11 »
If you're getting 20km for a litre, you might not be enjoying the Turbo benefit properly mate.  lmao lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #256 on: 09-Dec-18, 12:13 »
Ian,

I am enjoying the ride that's for sure - but being able to twist the throttle is an easy process- not getting caught when it comes on boost is the hard part.

Had a little squirt when in 4th gear coming onto the freeway start of the M4 bottom of Lapstone Hill - and had just passed a large police van  - hit the throttle and very quickly rolled up to 9k RPM - didn't bother looking behind me  lol.

Avatar and details changed as requested   NotWorthy

Also I had fuelled up a month ago - but not really kept the receipt and I have started it at least 5 times and let it run up to temp in the driveway and a run over and back for my historic check a few weeks ago. Not really a good indication of mileage or economy as yet. Plus I filled it up on the side stand yesterday - it leans a lot - if it was on the centre stand I might have put a few more litres in it as well.

Cheers

doddsy1000

« Reply #257 on: 09-Dec-18, 23:40 »
Yep.  That brings back memories.

Joe Hovel & I had fun overtaking road trains on the way to Victor Harbor a few years back.

It's funny as I needed to replace the front tyre at Victor Harbor itself to get around because it had scalloped.

With a brand new tyre, Joe wouldn't let me repeat the performance on the way back. 

I might have stayed straight this time! lmao lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #258 on: 10-Dec-18, 07:46 »
Off to an historic club meeting tonight - so will see if I can read my digihud app more clearly in the night time.

I know one thing it chews through the battery quite quickly..

cheers

Seagrass

« Reply #259 on: 10-Dec-18, 07:50 »
Off to an historic club meeting tonight - so will see if I can read my digihud app more clearly in the night time.

I know one thing it chews through the battery quite quickly..

cheers

Forecast is for showers or rain tonight so you may want to reconsider your mode of transport depending on the weather.

Seagrass

doddsy1000

« Reply #260 on: 10-Dec-18, 09:30 »
Any auto accessories shop has a cigarette lighter adapter with wires for the battery.

I've used one of those on each big trip I've made until recently (when I used a cabin, thanks again Charlie).

That keeps the mobile phone charged.

Nothing fancy for me,  Just an adapter that I can slip out from behind the side cover (without removing it) when needed.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #261 on: 10-Dec-18, 10:52 »
I'll check the weather - if it looks like rain I may not ride... take the cage instead.

I have a small USB attachment - simple positive and negative - input 12V DC - outputs 5V 2A - and has a waterproof USB connection - I used one on the GL1500 but didn't remove it before I sold it. But I bought two and found the other one last night - just need to wire it in.  Might run it from the fuse panel - easier to get to. Similar output spot on the right hand dash panel where I put my Voltmeter.

cheers guys

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle