Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Streamliner Fairings.  (Read 2433 times)

Dr Don

Streamliner Fairings.
« Started on: 26-Aug-15, 10:03 »
Here is a bit of history on where you could get them - it is at least 10 years old.
Streamliner (Peter Walker - 07 391 7463) was Universal Motorcycle Services at 160 Logan Road, Buranda, 4102.
All Bikes (07 808 5050) at 24 Moss Street, Slacks Creek was another sales outlet - way back.
This was information from Ralph who used to own Racers Edge - Cycle Style when it was here in Melbourne.

rooray

Re: Streamliner Fairings.
« Reply #1 on: 27-Aug-15, 12:10 »
You eventually tracked him down?

Olwesty

« Reply #2 on: 28-Aug-15, 20:02 »
Anyone looking for a Streamliner fairing .. I have 2 of them here .. a black one that belongs to me and a white one that belongs to my bro in law, mine's for sale .. not sure about the other one.

Dougallen

« Reply #3 on: 28-Aug-15, 20:07 »
Would love to see some photos!

Olwesty

« Reply #4 on: 29-Aug-15, 08:05 »
OK I'll drag them out .. if I can remember where they are .. and take a few pics .. maybe later today

VladTepes

« Reply #5 on: 29-Aug-15, 16:07 »
Is Streamliner the brand or was it a model type in another range e.g. Vetter ?

Onetrack

« Reply #6 on: 29-Aug-15, 19:58 »
The Streamliner fairing is a brand or at least a model name.  The fairing was clearly modeled on the original Honda CX500 turbo fairing with some significant simplications.  These mainly pertain to the use of the CX500EC and CX650ED square headlight without the side lights of the Turbo and the use of BMW indicator lights and lens with the elimination of the dash board and pockets.  The fairing is also in one piece unlike the CX500 Turbo unit.  The metal work supporting the fairing is nothing like the CX500 Turbo metal work.  So the outside appearance of the Streamliner is very similar to the Turbo fairing but the Streamliner is in fact a much simpler unit requiring a lot less modification to a CX400/500/650 Euro motorcycle to make the fairing fit.   Streamliners can also fit other model CX's although the round head light is a problem.  Some fairings were made for round headlights, Staffy had one.

"Young" Les F

rooray

« Reply #7 on: 29-Aug-15, 23:12 »
It was modeled from the Turbo Fairing. A Guy in Inverell I think Makes them now for about $350
Onetrack is on the mark.
I bought one about 12 years ago (off a guy near Pennant Hills who used to be on this board, I forget his name, but a nice guy) to put on my 650 eventually, as I had one on a CX500EC I had (My first CX a 500EC)
I paid $100 for the fairing back the and spent another $120 on a screen from a contact of Willys in Melb who did a great job (recommended)  and made the screen higher for me a tall bloke.
I have seen on this forum that some members tried to make the brackets to fit this fairing at some expense!! So you may need to make them up your self .
They definitely make a CX650 CX500EC look "better" (if you want a full fairing, much better than a Bol Dor fairing which I have seen on a CX) ) than the standard bike in "my opinion", but at the cost of a good paint job which could be $100's more.

Willy

« Reply #8 on: 30-Aug-15, 11:52 »
Peter from Screens For Bikes is the man he is in reservoir and you can google him easily. I don't mean to brag but I bought my last one on Ebay for 99cents thanks for picking it up Charlie and Rooray I think I still owe charlie a beer or two but Rooray did very well on my sister in laws Red Wine at Cowra and any where else I'm silly enough to open it near him rolleye0012 Joe Hovel had a few of the cross sections made up for them as they were impossible to get for a while. I still have a couple of them. :grandpa:

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #9 on: 30-Aug-15, 13:48 »
Willy,

It wasn't a problem from memory. Who doesn't like going into Kings Cross on a Saturday morning - bright and early. Particularly when you haven't driven into the city for 20 years (or that part of it), and find the street directions have magically changed from two way to one way - and you get routed (better word is rooted), and have to spend a few minutes explaining why you are reversing to a government bus driver (who doesn't speak english - or very little I can repeat here).

I loved it - a great experience - and seeing some very strange sites and people to boot - well worth the 99 cents imho .

lmao

Staffy

« Reply #10 on: 30-Aug-15, 15:36 »
Some fairings were made for round headlights, Staffy had one.

Staffy still has it and it seems to be the only one as well.  I'm still looking to see if another turns up.  As yet there's nothing.

It's for sale at the moment but you need to buy the whole bike with it.

VladTepes

« Reply #11 on: 30-Aug-15, 20:30 »
Thanks Les,

Well the Streamliner certainly looks much nicer than the Honda one.

Staffy so if I give you $1,000 for the fairing I get a bike with it too? Good deal.

Staffy

« Reply #12 on: 30-Aug-15, 20:55 »
Staffy so if I give you $1,000 for the fairing I get a bike with it too?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhahahahahahahaa!!!!! lmao

Heheheehehe pffffttt  2funny bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha  happy0194 pfpfpfpfpfpfp beeeehhheeeheheheheheehe hahahaha!!!  lmao

No.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #13 on: 30-Aug-15, 21:02 »
is that some sort of demented laughing Paul ?

VladTepes

« Reply #14 on: 30-Aug-15, 21:21 »
Staffy so if I give you $1,000 for the fairing I get a bike with it too?
hahahahahaha  happy0194 pfpfpfpfpfpfp beeeehhheeeheheheheheehe hahahaha!!!  lmao
No.

Hmm, okay $900, but that's my final offer !

Onetrack

« Reply #15 on: 31-Aug-15, 06:11 »

No.

The reaction a high bid can cause is amazing.

"Young" Les F

Staffy

« Reply #16 on: 31-Aug-15, 08:06 »

No.

The reaction a high bid can cause is amazing.

"Young" Les F

I agree. What a pity that hasn't happened yet. lmao

stosostu

« Reply #17 on: 29-May-19, 18:51 »
Here's a round headlight Streamliner on my CX500, which is currently on eBay.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Mins Man

« Reply #18 on: 29-May-19, 22:14 »
Pretty rare, I think most of them had rectangular headlights.

bahn88

« Reply #19 on: 30-May-19, 18:44 »
have to agree...seems reasonably priced overall

Onetrack

« Reply #20 on: 31-May-19, 08:18 »
This maker has the mould for the CX Streamliner and I purchased one last year from "avenue 747r."  $348.00 delivered, He no longer lists it but make inquiries.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=honda&_ssn=avenue748r&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xhonda+cx.TRS0&_nkw=honda+cx&_sacat=0

All you get is the fairing, no lenses, no screen, no metal work & unpainted - primed only and without the belly strap, J Hovel has those.

bahn88

« Reply #21 on: 01-Jun-19, 08:00 »
hi Onetrack
did you make your own mounts/fitting kit?
Did you post the progress in the forum?-if not how may hours from "raw fairing" to fitted to your satisfaction?

Cheers

Onetrack

« Reply #22 on: 01-Jun-19, 11:02 »
I intend to use it to replace an existing Streamliner fairing that is no longer in good condition, therefore I will reuse existing metal work, I obtained a new screen from "Screens for Bikes" excellent and I had a set of BMW blinkers already,.  The hold up at present is the decision as to just what colour to paint the fairing and the rest of the body work, I have a complete spare set of body work.
"Young" Les F

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle