Puggle

Website Migration

A A A A Author Topic: Jimmy's 1980 CX500C Cafe/Brat  (Read 7503 times)

ginga jimmy

Re: Jimmy's 1980 CX500C Cafe/Brat
« Reply #100 on: 15-Sep-16, 18:28 »
Phreak - here are the plugs again after a bit more of a ride.

BUT, the the cylinder starts running well between 2500-3000 rpm - so sounds like an idle circuit problem to me..

CX PHREAK

« Reply #101 on: 15-Sep-16, 18:38 »
Have you checked that the bad cylinder actually has spark at low RPM? It could also be a bad low speed pulser/pickup.

1/5 here.

ginga jimmy

« Reply #102 on: 15-Sep-16, 19:00 »
Ok thanks, will check that. It is running though - just not that well.

ginga jimmy

« Reply #103 on: 16-Sep-16, 11:47 »
By the way - I need a new multimeter. Any suggestions? I'm sick of buying cheap *****e. Also, I've banned myself from Jaycar.

J.C.

« Reply #104 on: 16-Sep-16, 11:56 »
I picked up one from Repco after my Jaycar one melted and have been happy with it for about 12 months. It's not auto-ranging or anything special like that... though it is fairly robust, having been dropped or knocked off bike frames rather a lot of times. May not be as high quality as you're asking about, though!

I_Walt

« Reply #105 on: 16-Sep-16, 13:53 »
By the way - I need a new multimeter. Any suggestions? I'm sick of buying cheap *****e. Also, I've banned myself from Jaycar.

Anything from FLUKE is quality.

ginga jimmy

« Reply #106 on: 23-Feb-17, 11:42 »
Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while as I've been too busy to do much on the bike for the last few months. BUT, it's now pretty much done. Ended up buying a seat just to get it on the road, although I'll probably make my own down the track as it's not quite the shape I want (but pretty close). Here's a pic as it is - need to polish a few things etc. but nearly there. And it's registered and rideable, which is the important thing!

iamcam

« Reply #107 on: 01-Apr-17, 17:00 »
Just wondering where you got your new connectors from?

ginga jimmy

« Reply #108 on: 24-Jul-17, 16:28 »
Hi mate, sorry for the super slow response, only just checked this and didn't get a notification for some reason. The mini 9-pin connectors came from China via eBay as I couldn't find them anywhere else (they are a bit crap). The others I got from the local auto electric place. Do yourself a favor and buy decent ones if you can...  :2afro:

ginga jimmy

« Reply #109 on: 04-Dec-19, 22:02 »
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've been on here! Hope you're all well. I'm moving to NSW so going to offload my custom. It essentially hasn't been ridden it since I "finished" it, and in fact it still needs a few things sorted (brakes need to be bled properly and the carbies have only been bench-synched). Thought I'd see if anyone on here was interested. Would be great if someone finished it properly and actually rode it.

I think I've spent about $4-5k on it (hard to be sure), but I thought $2k might be a reasonable price. It's registered and runs great. Here are a few pics of how it currently looks. Let me know if you're interested!

Cheers,

Jimmy

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

ACE

« Reply #110 on: 05-Dec-19, 12:54 »
G'day Jimmy,
I've enjoyed reading g your posts over the years!  I believe you would get more than your asking price by placing an ad on gumtree tree or eBay....I've seen a lot of bikes restored far worse than yours go for more money! I'd try a higher price and see how you go! Good luck and best wishes for a good sale price!
Cheers Chris

ginga jimmy

« Reply #111 on: 05-Dec-19, 12:58 »
Thanks Chris, yeah I thought I could probably ask for a bit more but I wanted to see if any of the local guys on here would be interested given it still needs a few things sorted out. If no one is interested I'll pop it up on Gumtree next week I think. Cheers!

CX PHREAK

« Reply #112 on: 05-Dec-19, 13:04 »
Good luck with the sale Jimmy.

Mins Man

« Reply #113 on: 05-Dec-19, 16:36 »
I think your problem is that a majority of forum members are Old Farts who couldn't possibly ride your bike without incurring serious back problems.  :grandpa:

bahn88

« Reply #114 on: 05-Dec-19, 19:18 »
I think your problem is that a majority of forum members are Old Farts who couldn't possibly ride your bike without incurring serious back problems.  :grandpa:

lol

I can cope with Ace-bars/clip-ons, drag-bars etc. No full fairing or Airhawk cushion (often used to stop Geris getting piles)needed here...
I even have a rain suit that gets wet from rain from time to time.. lmao

ginga jimmy

« Reply #115 on: 06-Dec-19, 21:01 »
Just out of interest, how hard would it be to transfer the rego on this thing from SA to NSW given it's modified a bit? Would it be difficult to obtain a blue slip?

doddsy1000

« Reply #116 on: 06-Dec-19, 23:05 »
In Melbourne, there are club permit rules that were upgraded only a few years ago.

Modified machines (because of hotted up old cars) for historic Club Permits need a lower end engineers certificate that was created for the club permit scheme (to be less expensive than normal engineers costs).

Fully registered machines need a full engineers certificate which can be expensive.

It's really up to the roadworthy inspector as to whether the modifications merit an engineer or not & then up to the owner on which way the bike/car will go on the road.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle