Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: cx 650e sticker  (Read 201 times)

fab

cx 650e sticker
« Started on: 27-Apr-18, 15:53 »
I am trying to find a clean picture once blown up of a cx 650e side cover sticker.
all they ones I have found look good until you enlarge them, then they get fuzzy.
I have someone that can make a metal badge 15cm long x10 cm high if I can get him a clean picture.
this picture is what I'm after, maybe someone can take a nice photo of there side cover and send it to me.
my other question is as it doesn't say Honda on the badge is it still illegal to copy this badge?

doddsy1000

Re: cx 650e sticker
« Reply #1 on: 27-Apr-18, 22:05 »
It probably would be illegal if anyone ever bothered to chase you up & that's only really going to happen if there's a lot of money involved.

Companies pretty much have to copyright everything, or someone else could easily take out the copyright & force the companies to pay to use the images that they have already designed & used.

In fact, Urban myth has it that Apple never patented the mouse, so Microsoft was able to create Windows with a mouse.

Patents expire after 20 or so years, but I believe that copyrights don't.  I may be wrong, but schools still had to pay a royalty to use "Grease" and "little shop of Horrors"  as their school plays 12 years ago when my daughter was at High School.  My youngest son sells sheet music where he works as it can't be legally downloaded from the internet, etc.

fab

« Reply #2 on: 28-Apr-18, 07:11 »
the person is going to only charge me $12 a badge and I'm only getting 2 for my bike not on selling them to make a profit, so should be okay.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #3 on: 28-Apr-18, 12:15 »
I don't think having a set made for yourself is likely to be an issue even if Honda become aware of it.

I think copyright on printed matter extends 40 years beyond the death of the author. Could be wrong.

werewasi

« Reply #4 on: 28-Apr-18, 17:23 »
the person is going to only charge me $12 a badge and I'm only getting 2 for my bike not on selling them to make a profit, so should be okay.

Will he make more?

ericclapham

« Reply #5 on: 28-Apr-18, 18:49 »
Here's a pic you might be able to use. The red 'E' was added by me, so is not standard. The dims. across the red parts of the 'CX' letters are 120mm x 32mm.

fab

« Reply #6 on: 28-Apr-18, 19:09 »
yes I would say so, I will see what his work turns out like and if its good I will let you know.

fab

« Reply #7 on: 28-Apr-18, 19:10 »
Here's a pic you might be able to use. The red 'E' was added by me, so is not standard. The dims. across the red parts of the 'CX' letters are 120mm x 32mm.
awesome  thank you very much, I think this will work well.

werewasi

« Reply #8 on: 28-Apr-18, 19:46 »
thanks

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle