Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: The Last Motorcycle on Earth  (Read 220 times)

308GTSi

The Last Motorcycle on Earth
« Started on: 30-Apr-18, 15:51 »
HI, I spend most of my time working out in the workshop, , ,  the internet , including forums only get the occasional glance.

Something that did jump out to me (from the net) is this upcoming mini series.

I have no idea how or where it will be available to view (for free) in Australia but December seems to be when it will be released.

I hope it is of interest.

Anyway back to my CX's CDI to TI ignition conversion.  The CDI made it to 541,000 K's then gave up.  The TI conversion doesn't look too bad.  Most importantly I just want to do it so that off the shelf bits will solve future maintenance problems.

J.C.

Re: The Last Motorcycle on Earth
« Reply #1 on: 30-Apr-18, 16:39 »
Are you talking about a Rae San Hall Effect conversion?

308GTSi

« Reply #2 on: 30-Apr-18, 17:48 »
No, just all the 500EC parts. It's a longish shopping list for used parts but most importantly new Honda (and aftermarket) little black boxes are still available.

I considered the Rae San but it needs to be a little more waterproof for my liking. I expect to be able to hose my bike clean as I have done since 1982 :)

CX PHREAK

« Reply #3 on: 30-Apr-18, 19:28 »
Honda thoughtfully left the left side of the CX motor empty so it can be packed with anfo for just this contingency.

308GTSi

« Reply #4 on: 01-May-18, 12:12 »
Oh ye of little faith   happy0062

The only part I have yet to figure out is the kill switch arrangement. I'm wondering if it will simply work in reverse going by the wiring diagrams.

As far as the mechanical side goes it's pretty straight forward. I had to Devcon the water pump housing mating surface at one corner because the pervious owner (NY state USA) only ran water in it. 

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle