Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What "pitch" is this stud-bolt?  (Read 65 times)

Krisby

What "pitch" is this stud-bolt?
« Started on: 04-Dec-18, 10:33 »
Hello all,

I was looking for a replacement for the two engine mounting studs on the front of my CX500 engine, which the parts book describes as a 10 X 90mm,  part no. 92700-10090.  I saw on ebay some stainless steel studs of 10 X 90 dimension, which were stated to have a 1.5mm "pitch", which I believe refers to the threads.  Question is: are the originals of a 1.5mm pitch?

Cheers.............Krisby.

CX PHREAK

Re: What "pitch" is this stud-bolt?
« Reply #1 on: 04-Dec-18, 12:48 »
M10 x 1.25 mm.

Krisby

Re: What "pitch" is this stud-bolt?
« Reply #2 on: 05-Dec-18, 13:23 »
Thanks for the info, CX PHREAK.  I'm going to re-use the original studs:  I popped them into some phosphoric acid (KBS RustBlast) and the rust and corrosion were quickly bubbled away.  I presume that they originally had some kind of plating, but now they are just pure steel.  Next I will give them a bright zinc electroplating with my DIY kit.  In regard to home plating kits, the people supplying them want to provide a power supply unit that is an over-kill for most jobs I am doing.  My power supply is a small dc to dc step down converter connected to a 12V battery, and I find I never need more than 3V at 1Amp to plate bolts & nuts.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle