Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Oil Change Engine Flush.  (Read 190 times)

Cass

Oil Change Engine Flush.
« Started on: 31-Dec-18, 13:03 »
 Anyone used Engine flush before oil change, If so any good ?

Cass

CX PHREAK

Re: Oil Change Engine Flush.
« Reply #1 on: 31-Dec-18, 13:08 »
I've always used cr@p supermarket oil for that.

Cass

« Reply #2 on: 31-Dec-18, 13:10 »
Is that with a Capital " C " Mark ? 2funny

Cass

« Reply #3 on: 31-Dec-18, 14:59 »
How about Kero as a flush?

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #4 on: 31-Dec-18, 15:29 »
Some people use a cup full of diesel mixed in with the oil - it will thin it out enough to run for a while till the engine is up to temp and give the insides a good wash as well. If you are using kerosene it will dilute the oil a lot and have the same purpose. Diesel is a detergent base - so would work possibly a bit better.

Needless to say - you would not run it for any length of time - just enough to heat the motor up - or you could run the motor then put the kero/diesel in and run it then. If you are then draining the oil - leave it drain for an hour - you should get the sludge moved - make sure you put in a new oil filter..

What's the reason for the flush ??

Seagrass

« Reply #5 on: 31-Dec-18, 15:31 »
Just run some cheap mineral oil through the motor for a few hundred kilometres as this will help to flush out any rubbish and will not cause any damage.

Drain when oil is very hot, replace filter and fill with quality oil such as Gulf Western, Valvoline or Penrite.

Seagrass

Cass

« Reply #6 on: 31-Dec-18, 15:42 »
Overdue for and oil change the bike has been of the road for  five years and because of that I put some non descript oil 10w x 40 in the bike just to turn it over.

Need to flush as I believe that it was friction modified thus clutch grabbing and I want to flush for the right oil.

Cass

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle