Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Sold my cx Custom and bought it back again.  (Read 209 times)

fran c

Sold my cx Custom and bought it back again.
« Started on: 24-Feb-19, 02:34 »
Been a while since I looked in and when I did I met the dreaded error 403 message so I now log in via  https://www.australiancx.asn.au.
Anyway due to health getting worse I got up one morning and out of the blue decided to sell my Custom, my wife reckoned I had gone over the edge for sure as I loved this bike. Well I had owned it for 11.5 years and my brother had it for 11 years before me. It was like a part of the family. Well to make things awkward I told the lads in the Irish Club I was letting her go and they really did not believe me. Especially as I decided as it was in pristine condition I wanted someone to appreciate it so asked top money for it. €3,000. I put it on eBay and within 2 minutes of posting it and adding 10 photo's it was sold. Now to be honest I had a tear in my eye as it left my yard and I had a thought of, have I actually gone mad as my wife had suggested ?. I suppose my deteriorating health helped me to ease the loss of my bike. Not in a complete way but it was now gone to a good home hopefully. Well two weeks aog my old bike appeared on Done Deal which is an internet based site for the sale of anything from a needle to a haystack. It was up on the site 4 mins and I rang the seller who I thought I recognised his voice so I said are you a Wixted and he says are you a Cummins. It turns out I had only met him once in 35 years but when we were kids we lived in a semi detached  he on one side and I on the other. Both houses are still belonging to our parents. The bike in my Avatar is the bike in Question, it did not return in as good a condition but with some TLC I will get it back to what it was. I have cleaned the exhausts which were manky and purchased two downpipes for it although not yet fitted them. There seems to be a scarcity of silencers on this side of the world for New ones but as I'm not in a hurry something will turn up.Well that's my story, I'm still above ground, some days better than others, I still have my licence, I can ride the bike better than I can walk. So happy days.   

Seagrass

Re: Sold my cx Custom and bought it back again.
« Reply #1 on: 24-Feb-19, 07:31 »
Great story Fran C, good to have you and your bike back.

Travel safe fietsertour

Seagrass

Cass

« Reply #2 on: 24-Feb-19, 08:57 »
Hey Fran C check this mob out,

https://www.classicbikeshop.co.uk/silencers/honda-suzuki-yamaha.html

About half way down the page.

p s.
My old man always said the best things were made in England.

Cass

bahn88

« Reply #3 on: 24-Feb-19, 18:46 »
are those silencers made in England or simply distributed by a UK company? (made in Taiwan/China?)  2wink

fran c

« Reply #4 on: 25-Feb-19, 18:31 »
Thanks for the heads up, it does say they are made in the UK but then paper never refused ink.
The sad point is they are out of stock at the min. I would like to see Britura stamped on them.
There is some difference in the cost of a pair of ZAB cans and Custom cans. 2rolleyes

fran c

« Reply #5 on: 26-Feb-19, 05:51 »
I see that David Silvers now has Custom cans in at £107.00 each side and £15.00 postage.
£229 for a set of cans, it's not too long ago you could buy a running cx for that sort of money.  2shocked

Mins Man

« Reply #6 on: 26-Feb-19, 09:13 »
Stock Harley mufflers make a good substitute. Good chrome and a lot cheaper secondhand.

fran c

« Reply #7 on: 07-Mar-19, 09:35 »
I have a bitsa almost ready and it's Harley cans that I bought a few years ago that are going on it.
I cant remember from which Harley they were for but there are Catalytic Converters in them, so they will be coming out.   

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt