Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Fishing Trip Report and photos  (Read 89 times)

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Fishing Trip Report and photos
« Started on: 11-Mar-19, 15:58 »
As the title suggests I have been on a small break and travelled to southern inland NSW and visited some friends and been camping and fishing.

A lot of excellent company, excellent food, excellent hosts (Andy, Karen & Lance), a few quiet drinks, a small fire (thanks Harry), excellent weather as well, best of all time to relax, and try and catch some fish.

Success on all counts.

A few photos of the fish - as an import fisher person - I was permitted to top the fish catching count - Harry is excluded because 2 of his caught were European Carp. My haul were only Murray Cod and Murray Trout Cod  - all under size and all safely returned to grow bigger - but there were a few that did get away due to over zealous angling nerves  (me trying to pull them out of the river on the first hook up)  lol.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

bahn88

Re: Fishing Trip Report and photos
« Reply #1 on: 11-Mar-19, 16:42 »
sounds like you had a great time.....

Inland NSW is often overlooked (spent 20+ years working in Sydney)-Tamworth, Parkes among others are worth a visit.
Tamworth has the powerhouse museum -bikes!-(tho being a private collection envy is high as you walk through....) Parkes has a few telescopes that novices can view the stars with some local cheese and wine.....

Seagrass

« Reply #2 on: 11-Mar-19, 17:48 »
I was also out in Western NSW from Friday to Sunday.

Did around 750Km and went via Jenolan caves to Oberon then to Blayney and stopped at Orange for Friday night. Caught up with some friends in Orange on Saturday before heading off to Sofala, Rylstone and then stopping in Mudgee Saturday night.

On Sunday I went from Mudgee back to Rylstone then on to Glen Alice and then to Capertee. The Capertee valley is an amazing place and well worth a trip if you are in the area. From Capertee I travelled to Lithgow for a quick brunch and then arrived home at around 2pm.

Seagrass

doddsy1000

« Reply #3 on: 11-Mar-19, 18:02 »
I remember Sofala.

I went through there on the way back from Tamworth.

Delightful little town with a lot of history.  :good:

Onetrack

« Reply #4 on: 11-Mar-19, 20:07 »
Hi Seagrass. I have done that trip many times on my much lamented CB750.  Janolan Caves is a must for every motorcyclist.   Capertee and the other shale oil valleys are very interesting.  There was in those days not far from Mudgee  a 1/2 mile long tunnel (Sandy Hollow) built for the railways in the 1930s and in the 1960s used for road traffic  great fun at 100 mph.  I believe it is now a railway.

"Young" Les F

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle