Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Cx 500 cb Custom  (Read 254 times)

fran c

Cx 500 cb Custom
« Started on: 30-Mar-19, 04:25 »
Hi everyone,
Can anyone say if the CX500 cb Custom akin to my avatar made it to Australia.
It is a cdi bike, the reason I am asking is when I first got laid up due to ailments I had a few rolling Chassis, I decided on keeping a B to rebuild MY WAY.
Since all this time ago I discovered I had a nice set of custom Clocks, a Nice rear end for a custom.
So after getting a B loom made in the UK by a guy called Graham, it now means I need a Custom loom. not easy to get this end of the pond. I have found that seemingly the GL500 looms are very near the Custom looms but nothing for sure yet.

Cheers
Fran

Dr Don

Re: Cx 500 cb Custom
« Reply #1 on: 31-Mar-19, 10:01 »
Hi Fran, I have a C year Custom, but I know I have a box of looms for CXes, and there is probably more than one loom for a Custom.  Does yours still have the parts number attached to it?  I'll look up the parts number on my Spare Parts Microfiche to make sure if the ones I have include the one you are after.  Don.(my sister of 78 has always gone by the same name as you do).

Dr Don

« Reply #2 on: 31-Mar-19, 12:45 »
Hi Fran,
CX500 bikes from 1978 to 1982 standard machines have loom/harness as 32100-415-000.
CX500 Customs A and B (1981,1982) have loom/harness 32100-470-670.
CX500 Custom C (1983) has loom/harness 32100-449-830.
CX500EC (1983) has loom/harness 32100-MC5-000.
This data is directly from HONDA Microfiche.
The CX500 1978/1979, for two countries in the world - not including Australia - have a different loom/harness number.
Regards, Don.

fran c

« Reply #3 on: 31-Mar-19, 21:22 »
Hi Don and thank you for your reply.
Sadly I do not have the number but I would think the loom would be this one you posted.

Many Thanks
Fran

fran c

« Reply #4 on: 31-Mar-19, 21:25 »
Hi Fran, I have a C year Custom, but I know I have a box of looms for CXes, and there is probably more than one loom for a Custom.  Does yours still have the parts number attached to it?  I'll look up the parts number on my Spare Parts Microfiche to make sure if the ones I have include the one you are after.  Don.(my sister of 78 has always gone by the same name as you do).

Your sister had a wise Mom, she picked a great name for your sister.   happy0158  happy0207

fran c

« Reply #5 on: 31-Mar-19, 21:37 »
Some people say that the GL looms and the Custom looms are very alike, not identical but can be made to work.
This was because the earlier Custom and the Deluxe were Transistorised where my Custom has a cdi engine in it.
On the Transistorised GL and the Custom's the Sparker units are inside the side cover, at least they are on the ones over here. 

VC3

« Reply #6 on: 01-Apr-19, 02:26 »
Hi Don and thank you for your reply.
Sadly I do not have the number but I would think the loom would be this one you posted.

Many Thanks
Fran

Hi Fran - you might want to do a bit more research on the loom - I believe the one listed above is for a non-CDI bike.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #7 on: 01-Apr-19, 10:36 »
I'd agree Victor, The 449 part # originates in 79.

fran c

« Reply #8 on: 01-Apr-19, 21:23 »
Hi all, after going through hours of looking and chatting with our own lads the best I can get and this came from CMNSL is the loom number is ........
32100-449-600
I also get this which is posted above. 32100-470-670
This is a cdi bike. I tried the UK clubs info but they have changed server recently and access to their parts info is down.

Fran

fran c

« Reply #9 on: 02-Apr-19, 06:18 »
I had a few guys along with myself chase this up and the number 32100-470-670 seems to be coming up in all searches.

fran c

« Reply #10 on: 02-Apr-19, 07:30 »
I have one of our lads who lives about 100 miles away from me sending me a loom he thinks will work so at the minute I have my fingers, toes & legs crossed it will work.  Prayer

fran c

« Reply #11 on: 06-Apr-19, 03:23 »
Spoke with PJ during the week and he would send me down a loom.
I went out to bring in the Bin and post this morning and at the opposite pier was a box, aaaaah says I the loom has arrived. Sent a quick message to PJ to let him know it was here. I was only out of the bed about 12.15 as I have more feckin pains of late than there are hairs on a horses back. I was determined to get to the shed and remove the B loom and offer up PJ's loom to the bike. Well she who must be obeyed just for peace and quiet and sometimes for psychiatric reasons  ::) decided there was about enough dog *****e all over the flower beds and the grass to fill a bucket and as she was working the last few days it surely wasn't done.  :-X :-X superglue on the lips and a shoveling I did go. To say I was sore starting is an understatement to what I was like when I finished.  :( Well after a rest and as my car insurance is almost due I got a few quotes and then box in hand headed off for the shed to perform cx intestine surgery. I was like a kid opening his easter egg on Christmas morning.  :D  I unsoldered the few connections I had done on the B loon and removed it. I offered the newest loom to the bike & from the rear it looked to be going to plan and I nearly had my first orgasm since I started this project. The covering on the loom was in a tatty condition and some places looked like the wiring doctor had been here before me. There were a few wires just wound around one another and taped up. A connector block wound into the loom around the coil area with the pins corroded and no bother removing them with the slightest of a pull so nothing was going to work with that there. Nothing that couldn't be sorted I said to myself as I planned on removing all the old tape and checking connections and replacing the tape with loom tape. By now I was feeling rather content and moved along to the front of the bike, I had the 9 pin connecting block which I didn't have till now, joined up the other blocks and was left with what I hope is the ignition block. Happy days I thought as I then looked for the two switch gear connector blocks, it was at this precise moment that the bottom fell out of my world. No connection blocks to be had, ? WTF I thought & I double checked everywhere, it felt like I had been kicked where it hurts most. I could have strangled Mr Honda at that moment in time, why did he have to make so many feckin looms. ? how come this one was as far out as a lighthouse, is there going to be a solution to this at all, how many more looms do I have to try, ? There must be a God ........ please look down on this poor soul.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle