Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Big end bearing shell to replace yellow code  (Read 403 times)

Killer

Big end bearing shell to replace yellow code
« Started on: 09-Jun-19, 11:16 »
Cannot find yellow code big end bearings., any one know where to find or replacment. Thanks.

VC3

Re: Big end bearing shell to replace yellow code
« Reply #1 on: 10-Jun-19, 05:33 »
CMSNL had those recently but I just checked and they no longer do.  Watch their site, David Silver Spares UK (also don't have them currently) and eBay.  If you get desperate, I can call or email some of the NOS dealers here in the US and likely find some - but after shipping from the dealer to me, shipping to Oz, an unfavorable exchange rate (currently $1 USD = $1.42 AUD) and Paypal fees, prices of parts from the US become prohibitively high.

Victor

Killer

« Reply #2 on: 10-Jun-19, 12:55 »
Thank's mate for your reply. I have tried all of the sites you suggested but to no avail. I have one yellow and one green so will just keep looking for a yellow. Would you let me know if you hear anything or get a lead. Once again thank you. Killer.  Doh

VC3

« Reply #3 on: 10-Jun-19, 14:18 »
So that I'm clear on what you need, you have two different connecting rod bearing sizes in your engine, one is green, one is yellow?  Or, do you have in your possesion one green and one yellow half shell?   

yellow half shells 13219-415-013

green half shells  13218-415-013

Northeast Vintage Honda shows one green shell in their NOS inventory, BTW.  They are the only searchable NOS inventory I know of, the others I need to call or email.  Sometimes it takes a few days for the smaller NOS dealers to search out parts - bigger dealers have computerized files.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/1978/cx500-a/crankshaft-piston

CX PHREAK

« Reply #4 on: 10-Jun-19, 15:25 »
Silvers has stocks of green shells.

Any other colour? Difficult.

Green are slightly thicker shells than yellow and sit next to them on the chart. so either normal wear will allow them to fit or a linishing.

Plastigauge would tell the tale.

Killer

« Reply #5 on: 11-Jun-19, 13:18 »
I have one green and one yellow, sent to me as being two yellow so have received refund on the green one but the sender cannot supply a yellow. Regards. Killer.

VC3

« Reply #6 on: 11-Jun-19, 13:28 »
So, you only need one yellow half, correct?

Killer

« Reply #7 on: 12-Jun-19, 08:30 »
That's it mate, one yellow required. Regards Killer.

VC3

« Reply #8 on: 12-Jun-19, 15:40 »
I'll make some calls tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Victor

VC3

« Reply #9 on: 13-Jun-19, 06:58 »
That's it mate, one yellow required. Regards Killer.

Killer - I found two in original Honda packaging at a bike shop in Montana, thanks to my local Honda dealer (they did a nationwide search for me).

Price is $10.99 USD each, shipping to me would be around $5.00 USD, shipping to Oz should be $13.50 USD, Paypal fee to transfer money and do the currency exchange is $5.99 USD.  That totals $35.48, about $50.40 AUD (based on the exchange rate a few days back of 1:1.42).  Pretty expensive shell, but if you find you have no other option, let me know and I'll order it for you.

Please understand that the prices above are estimated, might be more or less depending on postage or exchange rates, but I think I'm pretty close.  BTW, the dealer won't ship directly to Oz, they don't do any international shipping.

Killer

« Reply #10 on: 13-Jun-19, 11:58 »
 fietsertour Great stuff mate. Please go ahead and get them and let me know the final cost before you post and I will transfer money via paypal. Thank you for your time and effort, Blokes like you make this forum great. My details. Ken Cowell. 6  Parisi Court. Urraween.  Hervey Bay  Australia 4655  kenbev6 at bigpond.com.

VC3

« Reply #11 on: 13-Jun-19, 12:33 »
fietsertour Great stuff mate. Please go ahead and get them and let me know the final cost before you post and I will transfer money via paypal. Thank you for your time and effort, Blokes like you make this forum great. My details. Ken Cowell. 6  Parisi Court. Urraween.  Hervey Bay  Australia 4655  kenbev6@bigpond.com.

The prices I listed were for just one yellow bearing half - do you want me to get two of them?  If so, the price would go up by another $10.99 USD.

Killer - I sent you a private message...

Killer

« Reply #12 on: 13-Jun-19, 16:59 »
Thank's Victor, Mate if you can get to two go for it. Once again thank's. Ken.

VC3

« Reply #13 on: 14-Jun-19, 04:19 »
HI Ken, you're welcome, happy to be able to help.

Just got off the phone, both shells are on their way here...I'll let you know when they arrive and when I ship them to you.

Victor

Killer

« Reply #14 on: 14-Jun-19, 18:12 »
Victor, Well done mate, hope to hear from you soon. Regards Ken. 2funny 2funny

Killer

« Reply #15 on: 30-Jun-19, 11:00 »
Victa, Received the bearing shells, they look really good. Once again many thank's for your help. Cheers and beers. Ken. happy0065 happy0065 happy0065

VC3

« Reply #16 on: 30-Jun-19, 15:56 »
Hi Ken  happy0207

Glad you got them OK....happy to be able to help!

Victor

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle