Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: cx650 Big End Bearings  (Read 145 times)

thekelderkin

cx650 Big End Bearings
« Started on: 22-Jun-19, 07:35 »
I'm in the reassembly process and just found that one of my big end bearings is broken. The tabs are broken off of it. Undoubtedly I did this during disassembly as everything else with the internals have been all in spec. I took the engine apart because of a blown gasket so I thought I'd just tear it all down and make sure everything was solid. I regret that. It's impossible to find these bearings. Is there any bearing that is interchangeable with the cx650 conrod bearings?

BUFF7454

Re: cx650 Big End Bearings
« Reply #1 on: 22-Jun-19, 07:55 »
I reckon that if you take it to a motor machine shop they could re cut the anti spin  tag again and re cut the part on the con road. I have had it done to new big end slippers to make them fit the old rods.

VC3

« Reply #2 on: 22-Jun-19, 12:21 »
I'm in the reassembly process and just found that one of my big end bearings is broken. The tabs are broken off of it. Undoubtedly I did this during disassembly as everything else with the internals have been all in spec. I took the engine apart because of a blown gasket so I thought I'd just tear it all down and make sure everything was solid. I regret that. It's impossible to find these bearings. Is there any bearing that is interchangeable with the cx650 conrod bearings?

If you're in Madison, contact David Wiener, DavidfromWisconsin on the US CX500 forum....David lives in Appleton, close by.  He may be able to help.  If you know what color shell you need your local Honda dealer can do a nationwide search for the shell, it might be sitting in some dealer's inventory.  Also check CMSNL, they come up with NLA parts and have an extensive inventory.  It wouldn't hurt to put a want to buy post on the US CX Forum also....

Victor

thekelderkin

« Reply #3 on: 23-Jun-19, 04:29 »
Thanks guys. This is super helpful. We move to Madison next week so I'll get in touch then. In the meantime I'll pursue the other options. Thanks again.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt