Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Intake Manifolds.  (Read 181 times)

ericclapham

Intake Manifolds.
« Started on: 13-Jul-19, 13:16 »
Prior to CX500 Euro engine re-fitting after major work, I am gathering in a few bits and bobs to try and cut down delays in the re-build. I do have two (2) used sets of LH/RH manifolds I can use but as I had to use a heat gun to remove them, I'll have to do the same in reverse. They rubbers are cracking and might need some heat shrink/ sealant.
                       Has anyone tried these Chinese ones ?

bahn88

Re: Intake Manifolds.
« Reply #1 on: 13-Jul-19, 13:34 »
haven't tried those but did fit the silvers option for a Cx500B-which has lasted 8years+ with no signs of splits issues-if this helps....

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CX500B-1981/part_178761/

CX PHREAK

« Reply #2 on: 13-Jul-19, 13:57 »
I can soften them Eric.

Your carbs will be finished soon.

Those for early models won't fit the euro. But the same ones Silvers sell are available for under $30 on ebay.

Cass

« Reply #3 on: 14-Jul-19, 08:11 »
Eric,

I've got a pair of original Euro "82 manifolds no cracks in good order might need a polish, If your interested I will sell them, post me.

Cass. 

ericclapham

« Reply #4 on: 14-Jul-19, 08:23 »
Pass on that one, Cass... but thanks for the offer. Will use what I have to keep costs down.

Cass

« Reply #5 on: 14-Jul-19, 08:29 »
Eric,

I had a crack in my 81 shadow manifold right side and I put a thin layer of silicone and then tapped it with black electrical tape, works fine!

Cass

Seagrass

« Reply #6 on: 14-Jul-19, 18:08 »
Another thing to try is the silicone based SOS “rescue tape” that you can get at places like Supercheap auto and sometimes at Aldi. This tape is self amalgamating and works very well.

I used this tape on my mate Terry’s Euro inlet stubs about eight years ago and it is still doing the job. The black coloured tape is very hard to see unless up close.

Seagrass

Zenawarrior

« Reply #7 on: 06-Aug-19, 18:01 »
Leave them in Xylene for 4 days will soften them.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt