Puggle

Website Migration

A A A A Author Topic: Which Battery is Best? Lead-Acid v. AGM v. Gel v. Lithium VIDEO  (Read 297 times)

VladTepes

The Apples, oranges, plums and prunes comparison....

Onetrack

When he talked about chargers he forgot that when a battery is mounted in a motorcycle it is subject to the same charging system (usually designed for wet lead acid batteries) regardless of battery type fitted therefore no compensation for the battery type should be given when selecting an external charger for the comparison test, other than this this video is an interesting comparison discussion.
"Young" Les F

VladTepes

Yes but he's referring to garage charging during the Canadian winters I suspect.

Onetrack

Bloody softies, they don't ride their bikes in winter unlike here. happy0194
"Young" Les F

Mins Man

That's very true Les, but it musn't be easy riding your bike through 4 feet of snow. :crash:
That's 1.2 metres for you Millennials.   :grandpa:

VladTepes

Oh I don't know, just over a metre doesn't seem to far to ride....  happy0061

Onetrack

How can it be that cold?  It was just over 11c here this morning at 7.30am and that's about as cold as it can ever get. :grandpa:
"Young" Les F

bahn88

How can it be that cold?  It was just over 11c here this morning at 7.30am and that's about as cold as it can ever get. :grandpa:
"Young" Les F

Been -3 (below) early morn at the island and round Ballarat in past weeks-so 15 below or more in Canada would be numbing.............

fab

in my opinion it wasn't really a fair test as the lithium one was only 3amp hour.
all other types were 9amp hour.
I use ssb lithium battery's in all my bikes from 650cc-1700cc and all use the same one a LH9-b
320cca and you just charge them with a normal charger if you every need to charge it.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle