Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: CX500E painting.  (Read 238 times)

ericclapham

CX500E painting.
« Started on: 07-Aug-19, 20:05 »
I took advantage of a recent two days of 35 - 40% humidity and 20C temp to clear coat ( final coat ) my re-spray. It is Honda Monza Red and the decal set is the proper set for a black CX650 but I've chopped them around a bit to fit,  especially around the tank badges. The frame has had its first coat of 2-part Rat Rod Satin Black after sand blasting and etch primer. Engine will be sprayed a nice bright silver during reconditioning. From today until Sunday, SA weather is forecast wet and windy.

ericclapham

Re: CX500E painting.
« Reply #1 on: 10-Aug-19, 19:34 »
Like Santa's workshop here ! Thankfully, that is the Tupperware painting, flatting and polishing over and done with. If the very windy and wet SA weather we are having ever goes away, I'll get the second coat of satin black on the frame, swinging arm and both stands and then begin bolting some stuff back on.

J.C.

« Reply #2 on: 10-Aug-19, 19:43 »
All looking rather good.  :good:

ericclapham

« Reply #3 on: 26-Sep-19, 18:27 »
Actually got started putting it all back together with the swing-arm, Pro-Link assy. and a nice shiny new YSS shockie..........Onwards and Upwards.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

ericclapham

« Reply #4 on: 14-Oct-19, 18:01 »
Looking more and more like a motor sickle should. I'm hoping the settings as supplied on the rear mono are OK because the only ( easiest ) way I can see to move the large pre-load adjuster nut is to undo the top/bottom pivot, undo the rear Pro-Link bolts allowing that assy. to pivot forward - centre stand pivot bolts wound out a bit for more clearance - and drop the whole shock out the bottom ! Please !.......Feel free to tell me I'm wrong !  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt