Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: 83 CX650e rear master wanted  (Read 76 times)

Zenawarrior

83 CX650e rear master wanted
« Started on: 31-Aug-19, 10:31 »
Silly me destroyed the master cylinder and in need of another one if someone can help. I got a new similar one from the net, but it may fit with some spacers, not good enough....I bought this bike 18 years ago and it had been sitting on the mezzanine until now and it's actually complete nothing missing and engine sounds really good. Anyhow thanks for reading
Oh by the way are all the o-rings square and not round or can I use round ones ?

J.C.

Re: 83 CX650e rear master wanted
« Reply #1 on: 31-Aug-19, 12:36 »
What's destroyed about it? I have a rear master body in the shed and both a used and NOS pushrod to go with it - no rebuild kits left on-hand though.

Seagrass

« Reply #2 on: 31-Aug-19, 16:47 »
The master cylinder body was common to a few different models including the CB900F if I remember correctly. Some of the other models had a longer external shaft but if your shaft is OK then you can use it wth a body off one of the other models.

All of the “O” rings are round except the one in the fuel tap which is an “X” ring and is square. The installed “O” rings compress over time and look square when they are removed but they all start out round.

Seagrass

Zenawarrior

« Reply #3 on: 31-Aug-19, 20:40 »
What's destroyed about it? I have a rear master body in the shed and both a used and NOS pushrod to go with it - no rebuild kits left on-hand though.
I accidentally crushed the body and I would really prefer an oem ...do you wanna sell it ? I would be a very happy man. 

J.C.

« Reply #4 on: 31-Aug-19, 20:42 »
Sure... send me an email address and I'll send you some photos.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt