Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Kayak cushion seats. Would they work on a bike?  (Read 169 times)

bahn88

Numerous motorcycle touring gloves have some form of "dimpling" on the palm to stop slip-so I would suppose these could work.

The other solution is to use another type of "dressing" on your leathers/textiles to stop the slip....(use NON silicone)

Don't know if your post is "tongue in cheek" tho.... rolleye0012

doddsy1000

I'm sure that would work, but I can't ever wee myself wearing one.

So says the guy who's ridden on his camping pillow severa times.  lmao lmao lmao

I think I should save up for an air hawk seat cushion.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Sorry Ray,

I don't think it would be that comfortable on the bike. Strapping it to yourself as well - seems a bit of extra discomfort. I have three forms of seat apparel.
1 - Lambswool rug - used to be a kids nappie changer - totally awesome - works well - I also roll it up for a pillow.
2- Gel seat pad - works well for a few hours - but then the gel when nice and warm flows from the required areas very quickly and then does not work that well.
3 - Air Hawk seat - found that to be the best for comfort - it moves with you and allows air to pass under - and keeps things cool - similar to the lambswool but provides some additional comfort on longer trips

I use mainly 1 and 3 if going on a trip longer than a few hours. Have not used my gel seat pad for a while - you are welcome to try it and see if it works for you.

Cheers

Charlie

white knight

I have been known to wear mountain bike pants especially for long trips, they have built in foam/gel inserts and they work a treat

Mins Man

Sorry Ray,

I don't think it would be that comfortable on the bike. Strapping it to yourself as well - seems a bit of extra discomfort. I have three forms of seat apparel.
1 - Lambswool rug - used to be a kids nappie changer - totally awesome - works well - I also roll it up for a pillow.
2- Gel seat pad - works well for a few hours - but then the gel when nice and warm flows from the required areas very quickly and then does not work that well.
3 - Air Hawk seat - found that to be the best for comfort - it moves with you and allows air to pass under - and keeps things cool - similar to the lambswool but provides some additional comfort on longer trips

4 - You have extensive padding on your backside.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Thanks Harry - I think,

Actually never knew you noticed....lol

Mins Man

Let's be fair here Charlie, it's bloody hard to miss!   lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Was I standing in front of one of those fat mirrors. ??

Mins Man

No, I think you were riding my Custom and I was wondering if my poor shocks would ever recover.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Re: Kayak cushion seats. Would they work on a bike?
« Reply #10 on: 06-Sep-19, 22:13 »
they were well and truly fooked before I got to ride it

doddsy1000

« Reply #11 on: 08-Sep-19, 21:09 »
I have been known to wear mountain bike pants especially for long trips, they have built in foam/gel inserts and they work a treat

That sounds brilliant.

Simple & inexpensive.  You can probably get them at K Mart.

happy0158 happy0158 happy0158

white knight

« Reply #12 on: 09-Sep-19, 05:57 »
I got mine from a bicycle shop-they are Italian made and pretty swish ergonomically-I think I paid around $60 but well worth it.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt