Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Is there no more bargains to be had?  (Read 179 times)

Mins Man

Is there no more bargains to be had?
« Started on: 19-Sep-19, 14:05 »
Even though I'm not really in the market for new toys, I still can't help looking.
I came across this nice example of an early Goldwing and it made me think that perhaps the days of importing a bargain from the US are over.
Of course the exchange rate isn't helping, but neither is our government with the restrictions that they have brought in lately.
I've done my sums and I reckon this beauty would owe me over 11 grand by the time I got it home, and I doubt whether I could sell it for that, even though it's a 75 model and has been restored.
I bought a very nice original condition, one owner, 19K mile 78 model about 5 years ago for US$2990 and by the time I landed it here, it owed me AU$4800. I kept it for about 3 years and thought that I did well to sell it for $6900.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-honda-gl-1000-goldwing-3/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-09-17

CX PHREAK

Re: Is there no more bargains to be had?
« Reply #1 on: 19-Sep-19, 14:28 »
The government has to protect our homegrown motorcycle industry.

happy0194 2funny lmao :tease:

Mins Man

« Reply #3 on: 19-Sep-19, 16:56 »
I agree Victor. I have zero interest in the later models, but if you come across a low mileage, very good unrestored first generation Goldwing going very cheap, let me know.
Especially if it's Sulphur Yellow.  happy0062

bahn88

« Reply #4 on: 19-Sep-19, 18:51 »
yup-but the early models command a hefty asking...in oz at least....yes I know this is a dealer and not a farmer/enthusiast
https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/1975-honda-goldwing-gl1000/OAG-AD-6420673/?Cr=0

dunno if its the same bike they had advertised for some time-with repainted exhaust etc or a new landing.....  :dontknow:

Mins Man

« Reply #5 on: 19-Sep-19, 21:39 »
Yikes! 12 grand and you have to have that seat!

doddsy1000

« Reply #6 on: 19-Sep-19, 22:25 »
At least they'll pay the $80 club reg cost.   2funny

VC3

« Reply #7 on: 20-Sep-19, 02:35 »
I'll see what turns up, '75's aren't uncommon in the Seattle Craigslist.  I guess the red '75 is too expensive?  Looks like a nice bike.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/d/olympia-1975-gl1000/6979807555.html

Mins Man

« Reply #8 on: 20-Sep-19, 09:34 »
At least they'll pay the $80 club reg cost.   2funny

I don't understand how they can say "ride it out the door with 12 months club rego."
For starters it's a permit, not rego. Secondly, it's not transferrable. And thirdly, how do they know a prospective buyer is already a member of a Vicroads accredited club?

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle