Puggle

Website Migration

A A A A Author Topic: Turbo Petcock O-Ring  (Read 92 times)

sonicpelican

Turbo Petcock O-Ring
« Started on: 02-Oct-19, 19:08 »
Hi all,

I've had a quick look but can't find anything.  So can anyone give me the specs for the O-ring for the Petcock on the CX500 Turbo.  Not the piece with the 4 holes in it but that one on the actual tap that you use to turn the petrol on and off.

Cheers,
Rod

Seagrass

Re: Turbo Petcock O-Ring
« Reply #1 on: 02-Oct-19, 19:39 »
Rod do you mean the one on the circumference of the bit with the handle that you turn?

This is actually an “X” ring and I have never seen a part number for it or been able to get one (I have not tried too hard either)

I did try using a standard “O” ring but that was not successful and the tap leaked.

Seagrass

sonicpelican

« Reply #2 on: 02-Oct-19, 19:57 »
Thanks Seagrass, yes that's the one.  However, the one that just broke (perished) was a normal O-Ring that I had used to replace the X-Ring that had also perished when I initially pulled the tap apart to repair a leak.  It would be nice to find the original X-Ring but the petcock was never meant to be repaired so it is listed as an assembly instead of individual parts.

Cheers,
Rod

Seagrass

« Reply #3 on: 02-Oct-19, 20:11 »
Rod I got to thinking and remembered I had a document with the details (and I thought part numbers) to rebuild the petcock.

When I checked through my files I found the "X" ring part number you need is 16963-HB9-005

I have attached a PDF of the document below.

Hope this helps.

Seagrass

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

sonicpelican

« Reply #4 on: 02-Oct-19, 22:23 »
Thanks again Seagrass.  That's great information.

Cheers,
Rod

SlotBaker

« Reply #5 on: 02-Oct-19, 23:11 »
Great info chaps, thanks for sharing Seagrass.

Are those 2 parts (X-ring, and main seal) the same parts used in CX650 Petcock?
I'm guessing they are, but want to check.

TIA

sonicpelican

« Reply #6 on: 03-Oct-19, 09:17 »
The part number for the petcock assembly are the same for the 500 and the 650, so I would suggest they are the same unit with the same internals.

Cheers,
Rod

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle