Puggle

Website Migration

A A A A Author Topic: oil pressure and temp lights  (Read 78 times)

gm

oil pressure and temp lights
« Started on: 17-Nov-19, 11:16 »
hello Gurus
I am pulling the motor out of the 650 to fix the starter clutch and there are two wires that are causing grief.  the one for the oil pressure light and the other for the temperator "sending unit".
I attempted to prize off the rubber boot on the oil light and it split (Hoping I can get a replacement). Is this the right way to do this or should I have cut the sealed join before the wire enters the harness.
the water temp sender also seems pretty well sealed or do I unbolt the whole attatchement
the manual seems quiet on both these processes.
I attached photos

CX PHREAK

Re: oil pressure and temp lights
« Reply #1 on: 17-Nov-19, 12:03 »
First pic. {left to right} Bullet connector - pulls apart.

Second pic - Under the rubber boot is a ring connector secured by a 7 mm nut.

Third pic - Bullet connector - pull off.

Seagrass

« Reply #2 on: 17-Nov-19, 12:03 »
Graeme they are both “push on” connectors so they should come off with some gentle prying of the connection with a screwdriver close to the sender units.

As Mark mentioned the other connector should have a nut that needs to be removed.

Seagrass

gm

« Reply #3 on: 17-Nov-19, 13:45 »
thanks Guys
it was tricky as while not clear in the first photo the connector was covered with a clear plastic tube sealed at both ends.
the rubber boot on the oil indicator did not want to come off and in the process became split.
and not sure how much force is required for the water temp but at present it doesn't want to move.
I'll try some unreasonable force and see if Can convince them to move and I guess I'm up for a new rubber boot.
have a good day
gm

bahn88

« Reply #4 on: 17-Nov-19, 18:16 »
Not a guru just my 2cents worth-Had a oil temp light that didn't come on the other day-Have to agree with the oil temp sender boot being difficult to remove-tried removing mine (the boot) the other day to "test" the sender by grounding the wire before taking off the instruments to tackle a simple bulb change 2sad.....that boot didn't wanna budge....

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle