Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Wayne's cafe racer project  (Read 12040 times)

doddsy1000

Re: Wayne's cafe racer project
« Reply #100 on: 02-May-19, 11:27 »
Have you tried the handling yet?  cr@sh cr@sh

Excalibre

« Reply #101 on: 02-May-19, 12:29 »
No, I haven't had a chance to take it out yet. Hoping for better weather on the weekend.
I'll be taking a wingman (to act as a witness for the coroner) and a spoke wrench ;)

doddsy1000

« Reply #102 on: 02-May-19, 14:02 »
You can rent a suit of armor at the party shop.  lmao lmao lmao

However, congratulations on the work that you've done.  It looks superb mate.  happy0159 happy0159

bahn88

« Reply #103 on: 02-May-19, 19:10 »
the bike looks good.
the whole idea of customization is for the bike to fit you/your purpose....(if things were meant to remain stock we wouldn't have rickmans or eglis or reliable English bikes....... 2lipsrsealed)

So well done.

Excalibre

« Reply #104 on: 04-May-19, 14:42 »
Test ride complete!
I did about 50 km of mixed riding, i.e. city, hills, corners, highway, smooth/rough roads. I did some heavy braking at times for good measure.
I'm pleased to report it felt exactly the same as before the spoke conversion. No weird/different sensations at all. The spokes all seem tight still although I expect they'll loosen slightly over time as everything beds in.

I intended to weigh the spoke wheels and comstars for comparison but alas, the bathroom scales weren't working.
'Hand' weighing indicated that the rear wheels weigh about the same and the spoke front wheel is a bit lighter than the comstar.

doddsy1000

« Reply #105 on: 04-May-19, 16:08 »
Congratulations mate.

That's a great result.  happy0159 happy0159

And a lovely bike.  2smitten

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt