Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 290098 times)

Onetrack

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8275 on: 27-Oct-18, 07:47 »
Charles,I purchased a pair of those lens from the US of A years ago for a friend. They were very good replicas at about the price mentioned by Harry, if not more.
"Young" Les F

hdconyers

« Reply #8276 on: 30-Oct-18, 08:39 »
Belated post,

After a busy week and a very late night on Fri night, and as the only likely starter, I didn’t bother with an alarm, had a good night s sleep, woke around 0930,didn’t do the ride.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8277 on: 30-Oct-18, 12:29 »
Harold,

You do need your beauty sleep....

lmao

white knight

« Reply #8278 on: 31-Oct-18, 07:35 »
Well, thoroughly enjoyed the GP,a whole new perspective after only watching on TV.Could not find Doddsy amongst the 30,000 odd that were there (funny that) but spent an enjoyable night out with Harry at Cowes (thanks again mate)
Slept like a log last night as was up at 7am,big day which included a trip to a motorbike café (really impressive collection of bikes and stuff),quick look around Melb then out to the airport for red eye flight back to UnZud-no sleep on plane and 4 hour drive home.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8279 on: 31-Oct-18, 08:32 »
Nice one Chris,

Glad you got to enjoy the trip to Cowes - and the GP, pity you didn't manage to catch up with Doddsy - he wouldn't have heard you anyway - you should have hung around the pits and the grid girls - he would not have been far away from a photo opportunity   lmao

Take care on the drive home...

Cheers

doddsy1000

« Reply #8280 on: 31-Oct-18, 09:59 »
pity you didn't manage to catch up with Doddsy - he wouldn't have heard you anyway - you should have hung around the pits and the grid girls - he would not have been far away from a photo opportunity

Well!  I never!

(maybe I did  lmao)

I can't imagine why you think I always get photos with Grid girls.

I did however accidentally get snapped with a few this year.  2funny

I rode the VFR750 down on Saturday afternoon/evening & arrived in the rain.  It was too late to go to the track, so I joined the boys at the accommodation with a scotch.

I took a fair try at finding Chris on Sunday, but everything turned against me for that one.  Including the bus stopping half way to his grandstand & no way to make contact.  :boohoo:

Of course, I still made the top of the leader board, as you'll see.  lmao lmao

It was a fun day as always.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8281 on: 31-Oct-18, 13:15 »
Well I never - "are you kidding me"   lmao

You should get an award for the number of photos you get yourself accidentally snapped in.

Glad to hear you had a good time and the VFR got you there - but what really happened apart from riding in the wet - no lost keys, no out of fuel, no breakdown, no cupped tyre - Ian you are disappointing me - I must have a story   lol

Your number one positions is "noted" - but Number one at what?

Cheers    2angel

PS - In a few of those photos you look like a deranged Jack Nicholson (that's a compliment by the way)

doddsy1000

« Reply #8282 on: 31-Oct-18, 21:19 »
Number one at being "recreationally outraged"  (According to one of my kids  lmao)  The same kid that trashed "The Wasp" actually  2funny

Understandable, as we live in a society where a chicken has it's motives questioned for crossing the road.  lmao

None the less, the good old VFR750 learned form my escapades at Tamworth & behaved almost very well.

I finally thought to turn the gear bag around & didn't fall over at every traffic light from bad weight distribution.  The cross wind was much more bearable that way & I had a fair run.

I had an actual mechanic check the bike over & he thinks it's "Alright" for it's age.  So I'm a better boy than in the past.  I even went for fuel before going to the track on Sunday just in case I forgot later. (Which I'd never do) :grandpa:

About the only actual issues were a bit boring as the right side mirror came loose & my helmet has worn out.

So I'd need to look over my shoulder to change lanes & the helmet would grab a heap of wind.  By the time I got settled again, the lane changes were happening without me.  :hatoff:

The left mirror was OK & I started seeing the Harley guys coming up on my left in the left lane (a lot) to undertake.  I'm happy at 110 & they like to duck under the left, so I started accidentally moving a little.

I can't imagine why they get so upset?

I had a fun weekend.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8283 on: 31-Oct-18, 21:29 »
Thanks Ian,

Knew there was a story there somewhere.

Bit of loctite on the mirrors maybe..

I do the same with my Gearsack bag on the Valkyrie - put it on backwards and you even have something to lean up against on the longer rides.

Cheers Ian - take care.

white knight

« Reply #8284 on: 01-Nov-18, 06:58 »
Y'know, I also noted more than a remarkable Jack Nicholson likeness in those two pics with the Swan girls-Its a pity we missed each other Ian,we could have got some really strange looks along with autograph requests,or maybe not.

doddsy1000

« Reply #8285 on: 01-Nov-18, 07:59 »
Haha.  I'm quite used to strange looks & I usually assume that means I didn't hear something.  lmao lmao

Maybe I'm selling us short Chris.  Hollywood could be calling any day now.  2funny 2funny

Hopefully another opportunity arises & we'll paint the town red. (or blue or green maybe?  happy0167).

Mins Man

« Reply #8286 on: 01-Nov-18, 20:58 »
Well, thoroughly enjoyed the GP,a whole new perspective after only watching on TV.Could not find Doddsy amongst the 30,000 odd that were there (funny that) but spent an enjoyable night out with Harry at Cowes (thanks again mate)
Slept like a log last night as was up at 7am,big day which included a trip to a motorbike café (really impressive collection of bikes and stuff),quick look around Melb then out to the airport for red eye flight back to UnZud-no sleep on plane and 4 hour drive home.

Glad you enjoyed your trip Chris. It was terrific to catch up with you and maybe someday soon I'm make that trip to NZ.

doddsy1000

« Reply #8287 on: 01-Nov-18, 21:52 »
Take me with you Harry.

I'll block the cars while you fiddle with your knobs like last time.  lmao lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8288 on: 02-Nov-18, 13:19 »
So, Doddsy you seem to know Harry more intimately than others with his multiple knobs..

Please explain - in your best Pauline Hanson voice

I feel another story is going to be revealed  - hope it's funny as well..... lmao

doddsy1000

« Reply #8289 on: 02-Nov-18, 17:41 »
No, just Harry being Harry.

A coupe of years ago, ACE organised a ride around the Strzelecki ranges near where he lives.

Harry decide to ride down with me & called in to collect me on the way.

The first traffic lights we get to has Harry fixing something on his handle bars while I sit one out & one back on my Turbo, keeping the cars at bay.

The colour of traffic lights isn't really that important after all.  lmao lmao lmao

I can't remember what it was, but he fixed it before we moved.  2funny 2funny

Mins Man

« Reply #8290 on: 02-Nov-18, 21:27 »
I wasn't fiddling with my knobs just for fun Ian. I had actually stalled the bike when taking off with the green light only to discover that one of the wires had come off the clutch safety switch which stopped me starting it in gear. From memory I hit neutral, got the bike started and attached the wire later. Just a minor problem.  happy0158

doddsy1000

« Reply #8291 on: 02-Nov-18, 21:53 »
I like the way I tell it better  lmao lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8292 on: 03-Nov-18, 09:07 »
He probably forgot the light was Green...having one of this things - a seniors moment.

I started having them a loooong time ago as well    lol

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8293 on: 10-Nov-18, 13:20 »
Just down to one more leaning branch to remove from a mongrel tree in the front yard - not sure where it may fall so thinking lots before chain saw is deployed.

Have cut and mulched 5 branches/limbs so far.

The last one this morning did not fall where I planned - so - a bit more planning needed and a bit more muscle on the ropes.

doddsy1000

« Reply #8294 on: 11-Nov-18, 13:53 »
Out on a limb again Charlie?  lmao lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8295 on: 11-Nov-18, 14:34 »
No Ian,

You are barking up the wrong tree if you want me out on a limb...lol

I like wooden jokes but that one went against the grain (groan and roll eyes at this point). And you nearly stumped me for a response as well. However in light of this I have enlisted one younger neighbour - who has horticultural employment and he has just advised me he will climb the beanstalk and make nimble his approach, and deftly cleave the remaining branches asunder with his (mine actually) broad curved saw blade, hence rendering the last section of the tree into manageable lengths where the control of the descent will be much more user friendly.

Sometime later this week there will be evidence of the completed job, and much mirth and merriment made when sherwood tree has been dealt a final blow. 

I'm too tired to continue - time for a nana nap.

Went to a car/bike show today for "Anything Goes Car Club of NSW" - really anything does go. Lost of modern cars - some historic, some hot rods.. the club exists to raise funds once per year for Camp Quality - it's a facebook group and is nice and friendly - and usually attracts a large number of people. Went over today and took the Valkyrie - didn't win a prize - but not expecting one either. I landed the Master of Ceremonies role, as my son in law piked at the last minute.

I'll load up a link to the photos when my phone charges back up again - good day - nice weather - and raised a good load of money as well..still counting. 

Just finished the count - it was $8000 in total - actually $7850 but then a member threw in $150 to round it up...awesome result.

Cheers guys

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8296 on: 11-Nov-18, 16:25 »
See this link for photos of the club day as mentioned.

I will load some more up during the rest of the day..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/163495304@N07/?

doddsy1000

« Reply #8297 on: 12-Nov-18, 08:21 »
I see that you put your tree to good use.  lmao lmao lmao

The "anything goes" show looked like fun.

It's amazing how some of the old machines that were once laughable are now collectors vehicles.

Last years Distinguished Gentleman's ride had us all stop at a park with the Citroen Owners club.

Citroen's were always a slur target for Aussie Ford/Holden fans.

A few years earlier, the VJMC were at "The Jap Car Club" display with old Datsun 120Y's & such amazingly restored.

There's no restriction on what makes a passionate hobby  :2afro: :2afro:

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8298 on: 12-Nov-18, 08:26 »
Been a long time since I saw a wooden wheel on a car. You would have to drive it really slow around NSW - too many potholes.

It looked in very good conditions as well - I would hesitate to say they may be originals.

Cheers 

Charlie

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8299 on: 15-Nov-18, 16:41 »
Tree down,
Casualties - one - poor departed wood - we will have a ceremonial burning this coming winter.

Neighbours son came in and suggested we off this tree - so as usual it started to rain. Made for a bit of slippery action when pulling on the tree stump and bringing the last limb down in some sort of order - nothing damaged.

This weekend will be spent mulching again. Then back to the grindstone on Monday...such is life.

2angel

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle