Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 290091 times)

rooray

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8350 on: 15-Jan-19, 16:26 »
I use SSB batteries. Never had a problem, and the rep drops it off to my door. Good quality.

fab

« Reply #8351 on: 21-Jan-19, 16:52 »
I use SSB batteries. Never had a problem, and the rep drops it off to my door. Good quality.
I use the ssb lithium battery too in 4 of my bikes. best batteries I have used so far

Onetrack

« Reply #8352 on: 28-Jan-19, 15:42 »
Started the "Wreck" to-day - first time since the barn find almost 9 years ago ago.  Many electrical faults mostly dead or missing lamps, brakes all renovated, some metal work "polished", engine sounds sweet, now to test the clutch.  Will be going through the spares pile to dispose of bits soon. Watch this space.
"Young" Les F

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8353 on: 02-Feb-19, 13:10 »
Took the Turbo for a blurt this morning.

Weather is overcast and very humid, but at least the temperature is bearable. Spitting and drizzling rain over the course of the ride - just went out from home to see a friend who runs a business on Northern Road at Luddenham (free plug for Blue Mountains Honey). Owners name is Steve, and been a friend for a number of years - plus I like honey..lol.

Had a great chat and general catch up - bought some products and rode back home. Bike performed very well and I am becoming a lot more comfortable with the bike in general with its behaviour under different circumstances. I can say that you need some general anticipation when riding the Turbo, looking well ahead and knowing when the Turbo will respond to the throttle, and an undeniable rush of pleasure when it rolls on boost.

I will be adding a carry rack to it in the next month or so - I have a gearsack rack (I think it is) that has been modified to suit the Turbo rear grab rails, but need to give at a further paint and clean up - it was plastic covered but had rust underneath. Gave it a good wire wheel treatment some time ago - but obviously missed more of the rust still under the remaining plastic coated sections. Any way that will give me a few things to do in the lead up to travelling to the VJMC.

I have also changed an addition to the bikes battery  - so I now have a small adapter the solar panel plugs into and purchased a trickle charger to take with me just in case I need to charge it up - it is also fuse protected -= bought two of these so I can use it on the Valkyrie as well.

Cheers guys  :)

Mins Man

« Reply #8354 on: 02-Feb-19, 18:39 »
Well I'm back from my little trip to the bush to see how our country cousins live....and I've concluded they're a bit weird compared to city folk.
I also waved goodbye to my GL1000 this arvo and was very sorry to see it go. My middle son has decided to buy my 500C this week, so all I have to dispose of now is my 400C and my 500T.  cool0010

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8355 on: 02-Feb-19, 18:49 »
So after having received country hospitality - you decided they are weird - you must be slow on the uptake Harry - how many times have you visited the country cousins to determine this behaviour?

When are you selling up in Melbourne to move to the country???   lol

Mins Man

« Reply #8356 on: 02-Feb-19, 20:27 »
Problem is they get weirder every time I visit.  :tease:

Andy

« Reply #8357 on: 02-Feb-19, 20:58 »
Yes, they are a strange mob  rolleye0012

BUFF7454

« Reply #8358 on: 03-Feb-19, 11:29 »
I guess that is pretty tame compared to how we speak about the city folk. As Forest would say "Weird is as weird does"

doddsy1000

« Reply #8359 on: 03-Feb-19, 16:32 »
Should I try to type slower for you blokes?   lmao lmao lmao

Onetrack

« Reply #8360 on: 03-Feb-19, 16:45 »
Should I try to type slower for you blokes?   lmao lmao lmao
If you move any slower we would not be able to notice you.  Amoeba on a Vespa.  By the way how is the "Vespa"?

"Young" Les F

doddsy1000

« Reply #8361 on: 03-Feb-19, 17:18 »
Haha.

The Vespa is in storage.

I've had s busy life in recent years & won't get to that for a good while yet.

My continuing efforts are with the CB900 which is back to the motor bottom end again.

I think I found the noise in it with some rubber bushes sin the primary drive shaft.

At least the new ones are rubber, the originals are more like stone.   2funny 2funny

It's on the home stretch again, so I'll hopefully know in the next few weeks.

Onetrack

« Reply #8362 on: 03-Feb-19, 17:54 »
I hope you get to the bottom of things.

"Young" Les F

bahn88

« Reply #8363 on: 05-Feb-19, 17:57 »
In reply to "Doddsy"Had a K100RS that had perished/hardened rubbers in the balancer shaft damper (admittedly at 200,000km 2cool.).used to give  a noticeable knock/thump through the foot-pegs when ridden-so now you replaced these on the CB I think you'll notice a big difference-and get to ride the 900 as its meant to be ridden (all cob webs blown out.......)

doddsy1000

« Reply #8364 on: 05-Feb-19, 18:45 »
That sounds good  happy0159 happy0159

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8365 on: 09-Feb-19, 10:02 »
Just for all Turbo owners  found this link on youtube - interesting price obtained..

Mins Man

« Reply #8366 on: 09-Feb-19, 10:54 »
According to my online conversion thingy, this works out to 9854 Aussie Pesos.
Add the auction fees, shipping, Customs fees, GST etc. etc. it would total a lot of moulah.
Far better to buy my one for a measly 5 grand.  happy0062

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8367 on: 09-Feb-19, 13:17 »
If you follow the you tube persons playlist - there was a 650 Turbo a bit later on as well - it went for some nice dollars.. and a CB750 K2 model - went for an amazing $1750 I think.

bahn88

« Reply #8368 on: 09-Feb-19, 18:45 »
All to do with perceived value/local market I'd say.
There are CB450's for asking price of $6000-$8000 locally for instance.
https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/honda/cb450/

And we have all seen the "asking price" of Cx500's cafes/customs at over $20000. rolleye0012
The seller determines the value/reserve based on their perception of demand.
"Value"s difficult to define-the redbook value of a CX500 is $1500-$1800would we let our bikes go for that price??2tickedoff

Mins Man

« Reply #8369 on: 09-Feb-19, 20:45 »
I think it's generally accepted that sellers always over value their product and buyers always view the low side, but supply and demand always prevails in my book.
Redbook and other sites are unreliable in my opinion.

white knight

« Reply #8370 on: 10-Feb-19, 05:15 »
Pretty much the same pricing situation in Unzud-Many sellers try to recoup the cost of the extras they add,all these extras really do is make the bike more saleable,similar for the labour cost they spend doing the "conversions" although in some cases I have seen, they should be deducting value.There are some absolute shockers out there.

Reviloh64

« Reply #8371 on: 10-Feb-19, 11:41 »
Hopefully I'm going to place the tank decals on today. They are the raised 3d honda silver wing. Any tips would be appreciated.

Mins Man

« Reply #8372 on: 15-Feb-19, 09:52 »
Here's one for Victor. Looks to be in really nice condition and will be interesting to see what it sells for.
I agree with the comment by someone that everyone should own a CT90 or 110 at sometime in their life.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-honda-trail-110-2/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-02-14

doddsy1000

« Reply #8373 on: 15-Feb-19, 10:54 »
728 miles?

Almost due for a rebuild  lmao lmao lmao

Mins Man

« Reply #8374 on: 21-Feb-19, 18:12 »
The CT110 went for US$4200, a really good price IMO.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt