Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 298213 times)

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8425 on: 23-Apr-19, 07:58 »
Fixed my leaky whipper snipper - a bit of RTV around the fuel hose coming from the petrol tank. Chain sawed through a mass of small timber 2" or less - all now cut onto 12" lengths - ready for pick up (better be soon) from sister in law who said she wanted it for her fire - about 4 months ago... not hanging by the neck much.

Bought a new chain for the chain saw last weekend and installed it - first time use- managed to hit some nails buried into a stump 20 years ago by my neighbours sons (building a fort)... feel like giving him my invoice for a new chain as well.

Have sharpened the chain at least 3 times yesterday but I think the damage is already done.

doddsy1000

« Reply #8426 on: 24-Apr-19, 06:19 »
And we got back smoothly from Bright (300km) yesterday.

It was a nice test for my trailer which went well.  That trailer is taking whatever bike works to the VJMC in QLD soon.  :2afro: :2afro:

Now to see if I can make a bike work  lmao lmao

Mins Man

« Reply #8427 on: 24-Apr-19, 09:50 »
I was on the road home yesterday as well Doddsy as I spent a few days enjoying the lovely weather in Beechworth.
When I was leaving last Thursday I saw a white 650ED at the intersection of Hoddle Street and the Eastern Freeway off ramp. It looked to be in good condition and I wondered if it was a forum member.

doddsy1000

« Reply #8428 on: 24-Apr-19, 16:51 »
Les might have visited Melbourne  happy0158 happy0158

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8429 on: 24-Apr-19, 18:00 »
Harry was probably seeing double then... lmao

Seagrass

« Reply #8430 on: 24-Apr-19, 18:55 »
I serviced my son in laws Subaru Impreza on Monday (it was due for an oil change and the rego check is also due soon) and while cleaning up afterwards I managed to “put my back out”

I have been in quite a bit of pain for the last few days and doing stretching exercises and consuming anti-inflamatories to try and keep things under control.

Finally got my back fixed up by my local chiropractor today and as soon as my back was adjusted I could start feeling relief from the pain.

In a few days time, after the swelling goes down (after some more ice packs and anti-inflamatories) I should be back to normal, what ever that is rolleye0012

Seagrass

Mins Man

« Reply #8431 on: 24-Apr-19, 21:17 »
You have my sympathies Cephas. I put my back out a couple of weeks ago and it took three visits to the Physio and a few Endone tablets before it came good.

Seagrass

« Reply #8432 on: 25-Apr-19, 11:28 »
Just read an article about a CX500 Custom restoration in the VJMC magazine (issue 149)

Restoration was done by Chris Hellyer from the NSW central coast.

Our forum and some of its members got a mention (Bob Murphy and Rayman) for their help with the restoration process.

Always nice to be mentioned but even better when we are able to help out when someone is in need.

Good work everyone happy0159

Seagrass

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8433 on: 11-May-19, 16:06 »
Been a few weeks since posting - so a bit to catch up on.

Now officially on holidays from last night for two weeks.

Heading off to the VJMC on Tuesday afternoon- first stop Gosford to catch up with a friend, then another stop before Coffs Harbour - then Helensvale on Thursday afternoon.

My son bought me a go-pro style camera a while ago - so just purchased a 32gb memory card today, I only had an 8gb one. Have reset the recording level to VGA so not too worried about the quality - more about the length of the videos I can store on the card.  Will copy the card to my laptop each night - just to have a record of the journey.

Mounted the camera attachment on the front mudguard - did not want it on my helmet. Used some supplied straps to wrap around the grill below the headlight and hook to the mounting bracket so think it should be secure. The first big bump may tell another story..

Cheers guys

Will give the camera a quick sample ride tomorrow to see if I am happy with the view from the videos.

bahn88

« Reply #8434 on: 11-May-19, 17:21 »
Has NSW given a definitive ruling on cameras to helmets-illegal or ambiguous and risk of fine according to Mr Plod's (term not meant to be disrespectful of police servers) interpretation?..
spent 20years in NSW but been at "the island" last 6 years

Anything attached to the helmet may theoretically affect its safety/how it rolls-but if not illegal maybe we should still have free choice...like lights on....

bahn88

« Reply #8436 on: 11-May-19, 18:32 »
hmm...
Possibly another case of big brother.
From a safety concern/viewpoint would probably agree with not having a camera attached to my helmet especially for 100km/hr use.
I remember BMW helmets failing "standard approval" secondary to the size of pivot/button protrusion standard dimensions in the '80s

Don't know if you/other remember this or it applied to all states......
In the 80's it was illegal to sell a helmet more than 50% black-so the agv distributor brought in black helmets with removable white poka-dots adhesive circles to by pass this (selling the helmet was illegal but possessing a black helmet wasn't...!!!!)-madness 2shocked

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8437 on: 12-May-19, 13:48 »
Here is the link to the video - let me know what you think the quality is like.

With VGA mode I will get about 7 hours recording..

Cheers

https://youtu.be/vh-_EnYPUQg

Mins Man

« Reply #8438 on: 12-May-19, 19:29 »
 happy0059 Pretty boring Charlie. Don't expect me to watch your trip from
Sidenee to the Gold Coast.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8439 on: 12-May-19, 21:52 »
Harry,

It's all about the journey... lmao

I'm happy enough with the quality - be it boring or otherwise.

Cheers

I'll see you Thursday afternoon.

VC3

« Reply #8440 on: 13-May-19, 07:47 »
Hi Charlie....the quality looks OK to me and I enjoyed watching the video of your ride.  Weird being "driven" on the "wrong" side of the road, though...…
It was interesting to see the neighborhood and what the other streets look like there.....

If that stop at 7/11 was to use their air hose, time to break down and buy yourself a small compressor..... :grandpa:

Victor

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8441 on: 13-May-19, 08:41 »
Hi Victor,

I was just checking the tyre pressures - and they actually had a new hose fitting - most of them never work or have been run over 5000 times and difficult to connect or you have to hold them on the entire time you are pumping them up.  I had to move the bike - the rear I had access to the front was a bit harder for some reason to get to.

That is my normal route to work most mornings - bit of roadwork early on in the video should be finished in a few days this week.

I live in suburbia - been in the same house for 35 plus years.. still looks like I just moved in lol....

Cheers

Charlie

Gotta get my trip check list written out - and several things to do today as well.

Will load up more boring videos in the next few weeks - just for Harry..

Take care Victor.  2smiley

Mins Man

« Reply #8442 on: 13-May-19, 09:40 »
It was interesting to see the neighborhood and what the other streets look like there.....

Yeah, really boring.....where are the views of the harbour and the bridge, opera house etc?
Or even a bit of the Blue Mountains? But no, we get Penrith and it's 7/11.
I'll have to start calling you Steven Spielberg!

Good to hear from you Victor, hope you're feeling well. I hope you've got a bike to ride for the warm weather that you have coming.

Spoke to Doddsy yesterday......he's thinking of coming to the VJMC by plane!!!! lmao

Onetrack

« Reply #8443 on: 13-May-19, 10:59 »
Spoke to Doddsy yesterday......he's thinking of coming to the VJMC by plane!!!! lmao
Find out just which plane that is and don't go on it :2scared:

Mins Man

« Reply #8444 on: 13-May-19, 11:55 »
No Les, it won't get off the ground because the pilot won't be able to find the keys to it! happy0158

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8445 on: 13-May-19, 12:04 »
i'd be more worried about it running out of fuel half way..

Or the GPS not working at it flies around in circles..

Gee you blokes are nasty...

VC3

« Reply #8446 on: 14-May-19, 09:33 »
Harry, you're right, some more interesting views would have been nice - Charlie's ride could have been through lots of towns in the US, except for the side of the road he was on.....I'll look forward to trip video from him.....something more scenic, perhaps.

I'm about the same, not really well enough to ride, so there's no bike in the garage  2cry ……..lots of interesting older bikes turning up on Craigslist, though, fun to look for them - a nice CB450 with 6980 miles came up on CL a few days back, didn't last long....it would be in my garage if I were healthy, it was a nice looking bike.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8447 on: 14-May-19, 09:51 »
Hi Victor,

I am starting my trip in about 4 hours from now - it hopefully should be more scenic - in places - but until I get out of Sydney and onto the highways and motorways - it will always be a bit boring. Seen one highway you probably seen most of them. First leg is only a short 100 km run up to a friends place in the coastal city of Gosford.  Tomorrow should show some more scenery and longer trip.

I have packed - unpacked - re-packed and still struggling for space to put all my junk in. Will take some photos before I leave.
Have a swag, air mattress, sleeping bag, some basic tools (just in case) my gearsack bag, my tank bag - put a larger insert on the tank bag. Probably take the sheepskin rug and air hawk seat as well. Should be enough  lol

cheers guys

rooray

« Reply #8448 on: 14-May-19, 21:56 »
Safe trip Charlie.
Hope you dont need to use the tools

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8449 on: 14-May-19, 22:37 »
Forgot to take photos - might do that before I leave Gosford tomorrow morning.

Thanks Ray - I hope so too as the tools are at the bottom of the gearsack bag.

Bike definitely likes to get up and boogie at 110km/h when you twist the throttle.  I thought I might have a visit from Mr Plod as I passed a stationary radar on the M1 just after I overtook a slower vehicle - GPS showed 126 - but when I passed and pulled back into the centre lane - another 3 vehicles zipped past me going lots faster - I should be safe. Definitely feel the top heavy weight with the bike packed up the way it is - still a very positive start to the ride - extended highway speeds- temperatures all normal - bike passed with flying colours.

Just for you Harry I have a minimum of 90 minutes boring highway mode video at your leisure to come in a week or so - might even let you look on my laptop this week.

Cheers

Report again tomorrow night.

Charlie   2angel

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle