Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 294424 times)

doddsy1000

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8475 on: 19-May-19, 13:42 »
That wouldn't be a selfie by chance?  lmao lmao

VC3

« Reply #8476 on: 19-May-19, 14:01 »
Ha - no, not a selfie.....good guess though...…..

See if you can guess which forum member this is:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Seagrass

« Reply #8477 on: 19-May-19, 15:00 »
That has got to be Doddsy

Seagrass

bahn88

« Reply #8478 on: 19-May-19, 18:41 »
Wow, Charlie, sorry to hear of your mishap.  Glad you are mostly OK and that the Turbo is rideable.

David from Wisconsin sent the image below out in one of his email chains, hope it makes you smile....and that the arthritis reference doesn't apply....I'm pretty sure the ibuprofen reference does.  Hang in there.

don't know if the same issue in US-but in Oz any rockers can bring the wrath of the 1%ers (outlaws) some years ago the members of Ulysses were warned off having both rockers and back patches by the rebels I believe..(get a beating at best-dead at worst)...no allowances for good humour or riders groups type of back patch

bahn88

« Reply #8479 on: 19-May-19, 18:47 »

If not already solved-
where is the man? and whats he doing? may be relevant-my wild guess-rayman (based on the ?apple pc , and abundance of cables) no offence Rayman!

doddsy1000

« Reply #8480 on: 19-May-19, 22:24 »
Accuse me of many things, but not a purple tent  lmao

The VJMC Rally is wound up for anther year with the last of us & them having dinner with Kathy, Ron & Dr Don this evening at a tavern.  A good few dozen people tonight.

As Kathy & Ron turned up yesterday, Harry & I joined them at a different tavern for Saturdays dinner.  (I stay out of the VJMC event dinners because I can't hear a thing in those crowds.  :grandpa:).

It's rained every day this weekend, but stayed clear for the rides & show.  So quite lucky overall.  It's raining again now.  :well:

I've been entirely boring with this adventure & can't even report a leak in the tent.

In fact (touch wood), I've had a relaxing weekend.  2cheer

The photo's I've taken are on my camera & this laptop cant read cards, so I'll pop them up during the week.

Harry & a mate who has stayed at Brisbane with Harry's Ute are calling in to Canberra for a few days on the way back & my plane is scheduled to leave at 4:20PM tomorrow.

And of course,Charlie gets the "Bad luck on the trip" award as I'm on a "Gap year".  :crash:

VC3

« Reply #8481 on: 20-May-19, 03:07 »
Wow, Charlie, sorry to hear of your mishap.  Glad you are mostly OK and that the Turbo is rideable.

David from Wisconsin sent the image below out in one of his email chains, hope it makes you smile....and that the arthritis reference doesn't apply....I'm pretty sure the ibuprofen reference does.  Hang in there.

don't know if the same issue in US-but in Oz any rockers can bring the wrath of the 1%ers (outlaws) some years ago the members of Ulysses were warned off having both rockers and back patches by the rebels I believe..(get a beating at best-dead at worst)...no allowances for good humour or riders groups type of back patch

Hi Bahn.....I thought about that too.  Wearing something that mimics the "colors" of some bike clubs could be dangerous.   I'd never seen t-shirts like the one in the pic before and googled it - there are lots of styles, many without rockers.

VC3

« Reply #8482 on: 20-May-19, 03:12 »

If not already solved-
where is the man? and whats he doing? may be relevant-my wild guess-rayman (based on the ?apple pc , and abundance of cables) no offence Rayman!

I've only seen one image of Rayman but the guy in the tent reminds me of him....

It isn't, of course, all the  pictures were from a collection of funny camping images that I came across online.  Some of them made me think of people who attend rallys….

bahn88

« Reply #8483 on: 20-May-19, 19:11 »
You had me thinkin' it was legit(emite)....
and not even april 1 2wink

bahn88

« Reply #8484 on: 20-May-19, 19:15 »

Hi Bahn.....I thought about that too.  Wearing something that mimics the "colors" of some bike clubs could be dangerous.   I'd never seen t-shirts like the one in the pic before and googled it - there are lots of styles, many without rockers.
yes... the locals here favour "sons of anarchy" tees or hoodies (with rockers) but then there is this on ebay.......and many other sellers e.g. https://www.dhgate.com/product/bandidos-texas-motorcycle-club-t-shirt-black/427880367.html

doddsy1000

« Reply #8485 on: 20-May-19, 22:48 »
Just a note that the Jetstar guy didn't run out of fuel & I'm back home again after a most enjoyable VJMC Rally.  happy0158

Of course, the first thing I see is what would have been if I had got away earlier.

Ouch!  lmao lmao

Refer photo.  I really was ready to go  :crybye:

Seagrass

« Reply #8486 on: 21-May-19, 15:34 »
Finished my job in Melbourne so now on the Skybus heading for the airport to get the Bogan Bus home to Sydney.

Hopefully I will be back home around 9pm.

Seagrass

VC3

« Reply #8487 on: 21-May-19, 15:51 »
Just perusing Craigslist and thought I'd post an ad for a US version of a Postie for Harry to see, most $$ I've seen.....nice bike though.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/d/sweet-home-1986-honda-ct-miles/6890424587.html

Onetrack

« Reply #8488 on: 21-May-19, 16:06 »
Finished my job in Melbourne so now on the Skybus heading for the airport to get the Bogan Bus home to Sydney.

Hopefully I will be back home around 9pm.

Seagrass
Not if Bogan Bus lives up to its usual.

Mins Man

« Reply #8489 on: 23-May-19, 17:50 »
Just perusing Craigslist and thought I'd post an ad for a US version of a Postie for Harry to see, most $$ I've seen.....nice bike though.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/d/sweet-home-1986-honda-ct-miles/6890424587.html

Wow! That really is a nice bike but I'm not convinced that Posties hold their value that much.
I believe that I can buy the new 2019 125cc Super Cub out here for about $6800.

I've just arrived home from the trip, so I'm glad to put my feet up and relax for a bit, even though my dog wants me to play ball with her.
The weather was fantastic for the trip except for my 5 days in Queensland. Does it ever stop raining there? 

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8490 on: 23-May-19, 20:54 »
Harry,

Glad you arrived home safe.I have just started to feel a little bit better.

Shoulder is better and less headaches in the last few days.

Cheers

Charlie

PS - Gear is nearly all dry now.  lol

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8491 on: 24-May-19, 18:03 »
Today was my last day of holidays so back to work Monday morning, I need the money   lol.

Thought I better go and check the Turbo out and see if I could replace the broken blinker. It seems you need to disassemble a fair bit of the bike to do this.

Remove the bonnet, re glued the internals of this as one of the ribs holding the right side was cracked and had come adrift  - out with the araldite and managed to put some under, around, beside the crack then clamp it down - will wait until tomorrow morning to remove the clamp and reinstall it.

Cleaned up the rusty bracket and sprayed it with some aluminium aerosol paint - same I used for the handlebar covers. That is still tacky.

Removed the dashboard plastics to get to the rear most blinker bolt - then realised you have to undo the fairing and lower it to get to the front bolt.

Done and removed - pulled out the replacement blinker I had and found the wiring was nearly 10cm shorter (4"). Found that when installed it would not reach to the connectors - so swapped out the internals from my original one.

Checked that it worked before bolting it down and all good.

Bolted the fairing back up - that was a real fiddle - then thought I may as well start the bike and give it a warm up.

Lo and behold battery voltage down to 11.5V - so flat as a tack but still enough to start the bike.  I'm wondering if the drop from last week has upset the battery at all. As a run of over 300km on the way home last Saturday - should have been more than enough to have it showing 12.77 on Sunday morning - but less than a week later nearly flat ??

Currently charging the battery.

That's it for me

Oops - nearly forgot - the top triple clamp the drivers side top bolt was missing its nut - and I discovered the bolt thread was stripped - might be why I had a little wobble in the steering. Replacement bolt and nut with some threadlocker now installed.

cheers

maybe a few photos to follow 

doddsy1000

« Reply #8492 on: 24-May-19, 18:38 »
I'm not sure that 11.5 volts on an installed battery is a problem mate.

There's a permanent LCD Clock on the dashboard that will flatten your battery in less than 6 weeks from memory.  (Or at least it did to me).   :grandpa:

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8493 on: 24-May-19, 19:24 »
Well I haven't had it go flat like that before - and the battery is less then 8 months old. I wouldn't expect it to not hold a reasonable charge for a while. I also have a small alarm on the bike which draws some power as well. I don't have it set while sitting at home but do use it if I take it to work and park it in a public space. So that could be a problem.

Anyway it looks like the battery is taking a charge - so will see how it goes in the next few months.

Mins Man

« Reply #8494 on: 25-May-19, 10:14 »

Found one for you Victor.......and it's giving me ideas on what I can do with my NBC 110.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-honda-ct90-trail/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-05-24

VC3

« Reply #8495 on: 25-May-19, 14:11 »
That's one of the strangest and coolest things I've seen done with a CT90......that would be a great grocery-getter....here in Washington State a special license for three-wheelers would be required to drive it....

Mins Man

« Reply #8496 on: 25-May-19, 18:53 »
I agree with you Victor, it's a great little unit to scoot around the suburbs in.
A mate and I both own Can Am Spyders here in Victoria and our local authority classes them as cars, and taxes them accordingly. My mate is a below the knee double amputee and has had his car and bike licences taken from him. He has passed the test to drive a disability modified car, but he's refusing to undergo testing for the Can Am as he argues that if it's registered as a car he should be able to ride it on his car licence. I hope I'm around when he's pulled over by the Cops as I reckon it could be an interesting argument.

doddsy1000

« Reply #8497 on: 25-May-19, 21:55 »
Hi again all.

I've got my photos together & put them on the VJMC Rally post.  https://www.australiancx.asn.au/forum/index.php?topic=15417.msg155411#msg155411

You never know when someone will look for a reference in years to come & this post/topic would be pretty hard to search in, I think.

I definitely had a good time even without a bike happy0158

But I will take one next time.  Just to be "one of the guys".  2funny 2funny

white knight

« Reply #8498 on: 26-May-19, 06:04 »

white knight

« Reply #8499 on: 26-May-19, 06:08 »

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle