Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 294419 times)

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8500 on: 26-May-19, 08:44 »
Thanks Chris,

How much do you think a public servant makes?  I could never afford anything like that.

But if a Honda RUNE came up for a reasonable price I reckon I would go into hock for one then - but would probably be a marriage breaker....

Cheers

Charlie

VC3

« Reply #8501 on: 26-May-19, 10:02 »
That's a bike I'd never heard of, looked on CL Seattle and:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/d/everett-2006-honda-rune/6891775217.html

Yikes.  That's not a CT90 with a sidecar....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8502 on: 26-May-19, 12:17 »
Hi Victor,

Yes its a little bit more than a CT90 - actually nearly 20 times the capacity - only made for one year 2004 - never be one like it again unless Honda want to do something that cost them a fortune.

VC3

« Reply #8503 on: 26-May-19, 12:47 »
I often wonder why HOnda makes some of the bikes it does for one year....surely there wasn't a very big market for the Rune.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8504 on: 04-Jun-19, 17:17 »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  Have had some fun (not) in the last two days - finally getting new sewerage and storm water pipes put into the front of the house.

I will attach several photos of the carnage so far - and still a ways to go.

Hopefully be finished tomorrow...then all I have to do is patch the driveway with some new concrete.

Cheers

2angel

Will add photos after I resize them.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8505 on: 04-Jun-19, 20:58 »
But wait there is more

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Mins Man

« Reply #8506 on: 06-Jun-19, 17:32 »
I can't help it, I just have to ask.........if the sewer has been out of action for two days, how do you hang on for that long?

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8507 on: 06-Jun-19, 18:07 »
Hi Harry,

I have a smart plumber - he did all the excavations first as to where all the new pipes would be run - and only needed access to the actual join up points when he was ready to do the cutover from old to new - sewer was out of action for only an hour - at which time I was safely at work and at my leisure for my WC arrangements.

Job now done - will take a few photos on the weekend - but he has spread the excess soil that was dug up (mostly clay) over the front yard to level it a bit - and there is a bit too much next to the driveway where I exited this morning on the Valkyrie - even doing a very slow roll down the yard nearly resulted in an embarrassing fall into the mud/slush - managed to keep it upright - but heavy mud caked on the left boot - spread that around at work under my desk  - the cleaners will be happy.

I even paid his invoice a few minutes ago...  I'm happy with the result - but I now need to keep working for another 3 years to pay for it     lol.

Cheers

white knight

« Reply #8508 on: 07-Jun-19, 07:02 »
That job was quite a major Charlie-had the old clay pipe system totally failed?

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8509 on: 07-Jun-19, 08:15 »
Hi Chris,

No the clay pipes were mostly OK - but the tree roots had got in at quite a few spots - and I am going to put up a carport in the future. So I bit the bullet and decided to get all the drainage and pipes replaced so I wouldn't be revisiting this issue in the future at all.

It was worth the short term mess I think - but now I have to keep working to pay for the bills   lol

Cheers

Charlie

Mins Man

« Reply #8510 on: 07-Jun-19, 19:02 »
Geez Charlie, when Staffy started this thread yonks ago, I don't think he had your sewer in mind.
 :grandpa:

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8511 on: 07-Jun-19, 22:36 »
Yeah Harry I know,

But I am trying to keep the thread alive - I can talk about anything and I don't need to bother with creating a new thread, just post something that people might read.

It's good to keep a perspective - even if I talk about *****e.

cheers Harry - I will be thinking about you when I gurney the crud off the driveway tomorrow morning.

2angel

Onetrack

« Reply #8512 on: 08-Jun-19, 06:59 »
Since the days of Staffy things have really gone down the drain.  What is Staffy doing these days?
"Young Les F

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8513 on: 08-Jun-19, 08:45 »
Hi Les,

Last I heard he was pursuing other interests in his life. I haven't had contact with him for quite some time. Probably about time I gave him a call - if he hasn't changed his number I will make a quick call later today.

I do have an extensive list of things to do by SWMBO - and might need to get a few of those done before... lol

2angel

Mins Man

« Reply #8514 on: 08-Jun-19, 11:08 »
I do have an extensive list of things to do by SWMBO - and might need to get a few of those done before... lol

Will there be photos?  :photo:

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8515 on: 08-Jun-19, 11:25 »
Just finished the first job - no photos

Had some sticking front brakes on the Valkyrie - slider pins needed a clean up and grease - left hand side pistons were also stiff to move - bit of degreaser and good to go - the right hand side I needed to disassemble as there was no bottom spring plate and a missing slider pin outer rubber - spring installed - need to buy a new rubber.

Getting ready to use the angle grinder to cut off the steel reinforcing from the broken up concrete section of the driveway. Put on a new cutting wheel - have 000 on speed dial if I damage my thumb   2wink

There will be photos - please be patient   

And it is freezing cold here so far..
Just warming up with a cup of coffee..

Cheers

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8516 on: 08-Jun-19, 16:45 »
Concrete done - cut off all steel hanging out - concrete and pipes moved off the driveway - driveway swept.

Down to Bunnings - purchased expansion joint, grass seed, tap fittings - petrol for the gerney, fish and chips for lunch.

Driveway now relatively clean - rest of the yard can wait a little while..I'm done for the day.

Started up the Turbo and let it run up to temperature.

Mother in Laws shed down the south coast lost its roof and doors blew inside out earlier this week, just finished charging up the batteries for the cordless drill, and made sure I have some self tapping roofing metal screws- off to do a fix it job.

Cheers

bahn88

« Reply #8517 on: 08-Jun-19, 18:12 »
Geez Charlie, when Staffy started this thread yonks ago, I don't think he had your sewer in mind.
 :grandpa:

its evolution...
gone from Cx500 engine rebuild...to what's happening in the garage....to what's on sale at bunnings....to best "senior meal deal"... 2undecided

Seagrass

« Reply #8518 on: 08-Jun-19, 18:17 »
On my way home from my last job on Thursday (about a 15 minute drive) the over temp light came on on my car. I am currently driving a 2011 Subaru Outback H6 3.6 litre. This car does not have a temp gauge but it does have a multi coloured warning lamp, blue for when under temp (below 50 degrees Celsius) and red for when over temp.

I was quite surprised to see the red light flashing as I have not had any problems in the last 12 months and over 10,000 Km’s including a recent 450Km weekend trip.

Turned out the radiator had a hairline crack just below the radiator cap. The crack was around 70mm long and it would have been very difficult to repair effectively so I needed to replace the radiator. Thankfully I knew of a radiator warehouse in south Strathfield so a quick call to them on Friday confirmed they had one in stock and I had just enough time to pick it up before they closed on Friday afternoon.

Friday night I started removing bits and pieces from the car, getting ready to replace the radiator today (Saturday). The job went fairly well to plan and I also chose to replace the thermostat and radiator cap to complete the job.

After I had the car all back together and working well, I inspected the old radiator and found the cooling fins on the front side of the radiator were almost 30% blocked. This was a bit surprising as the air conditioning condenser is in front of the radiator and it was clear of obstructions :dontknow:

Now I just need to fix up the pannier latches on my NT700 Deauville and then I can get to Charlie’s engine project to do a triple bypass party0024

Only around 14 degrees maximum here today so hopefully warmer tomorrow.

Seagrass

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8519 on: 09-Jun-19, 11:30 »
As promised here are some photos - the driveway is cleaner - I just took these before I got the gurney out.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

white knight

« Reply #8520 on: 10-Jun-19, 06:31 »
I hope that's not a sewage discharge pipe I can see in that last pic Charlie rolleye0012

VC3

« Reply #8521 on: 10-Jun-19, 06:54 »
I hope that's not a sewage discharge pipe I can see in that last pic Charlie rolleye0012

That was my thought....here in the US it is required to pipe raw sewage to a treatment plant....I hope you live on a hill so it all flows away.... lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8522 on: 10-Jun-19, 08:37 »
Well I haven't been out in the street looking, but I'm pretty sure that it is only storm water runoff.

Getting aroundtuit today - have the grand daughters visiting, and will be raking a lot of clay lumps out of the front yard, then sowing some grass seeds, and putting some mulch over the top.  I won't expect miracles this winter but come spring I might have some semblance of green patches hopefully.

Cheers guys.

2angel

Back to work tomorrow.

Seagrass

« Reply #8523 on: 10-Jun-19, 18:24 »
Got the external latches fitted to the Panniers on my NT700 Deauville today and I am off to the Macquarie Towns historic motorcycle club meeting tonight.

Seagrass

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8524 on: 22-Jun-19, 19:16 »
Today was concreting day -

Had a delayed start - had to wait for my mixer to arrive - it has been hibernating up near Katoomba for a few years, but has returned home for a quick visit.

Wife gone to her mums for a few days, both sons were available to help - so I was duly appointed foreman, with jack of all trades , master of none experience behind me, what could possibly go wrong (insert here Marlon Brando and Mutiny on the Bounty).

Got the driveway prepped - keyed in some steel mesh to the old slab - tools out and ready now for some willing/unwilling labourers.

Only took about 6 or 7 mixer loads - but doing this by hand would have been more laborious.  Finished in about 40 minutes - had to wait for the mix to go off a bit but happily finished.

Photos to come..

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt