Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 283804 times)

doddsy1000

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8375 on: 21-Feb-19, 23:27 »
The Americans are really embracing old bikes nowadays.  happy0158 happy0158

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8376 on: 22-Feb-19, 08:19 »
Wow,

That is crazy stupid...

Seagrass

« Reply #8377 on: 22-Feb-19, 20:31 »
I traveled to Norfolk Island last Sunday to do some maintenance on a rental property I own after the tenant moved out. The plan was to return home today BUT due to cyclone OMA the flight was canceled and re-scheduled for tomorrow.

I just received an SMS and email advising the rescheduled flight has now been canceled due to continuing poor weather conditions. I was a little surprised as I then needed to call the airline and organise a new flight as they have not rescheduled the flight but canceled it leaving around 165 customers stranded on Norfolk Island Doh

I managed to get booked onto the Sunday flight to Sydney (there are only flights to/from Sydney on Friday Sunday and Monday each week) but looking at the forecast path of the cyclone, it is possible that it will still be causing weather problems on Sunday so the flight may be canceled yet again.

Anyway looks like I get to spend a few more days in paradise 2coolsmiley

Seagrass

P.S I am supposed to me in Melbourne tonight for work for the next few days rolleye0012

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8378 on: 22-Feb-19, 23:30 »
Ah,

The joys of living in the middle of the pacific ocean....batten down the hatches Seagrass you could be in for some wild weather - look at it this way - any luck you will get a good tailwind on the way home as well..

2wink

Mins Man

« Reply #8379 on: 23-Feb-19, 10:47 »
I was thinking that if he had a surfboard he could surf home.  happy0158

Seagrass

« Reply #8380 on: 01-Mar-19, 21:06 »
The Mottobat is not a good choice for the CX range as the CX regulator supplies a much higher charging voltage (around 14.9 volts from memory) than the battery is designed for.

I installed one in my CX500 turbo and one in my NT700 around three years ago. After about a year the one in the Turbo failed but the one in the NT700 is still going strong.

I replaced the one in the turbo with one of the following which is lasting well so far.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YTX14AH-12V-14Ah-GEL-Battery-Honda-VF750C-VF700F-VF750F-V45-Interceptor-YB14A-A2/181674278190?hash=item2a4ca17d2e:g:0x4AAOSwo6lWMBCG

Seagrass

Well it looks like I spoke too soon. The mottobat in my NT700 died about a week or two after I made the above post.

I fitted another orange Gel battery to the NT700 and I am hoping to go for a ride to Bathurst tomorrow to top up the charge  fietsertour

Seagrass

bahn88

« Reply #8381 on: 06-Mar-19, 18:34 »
More what happened yesterday-as part of work got to take the bike to Cowes (Phillip Island)-amazed that drivers still seem to ignore bikes at roundabouts-twice in a day... 2sad.. I consider myself a defensive rider, but still get peeved when someone can see me but decides to not give way/"race" me anyway cause they have a SUV....

This was balanced up by a gentleman who followed me to the local car park to discuss bikes-he has M.S. and a balance issue now, but doesn't want to get rid of his mid-size Hondas/kwakas-I discussed some things to consider e.g. Spyder, Ural, or just keep a two wheeler to listen to it tick over......

Anyways-m'bike riding has its frustrations-hail, rail, wind, drivers that "have no idea" but you meet some great people out there riding- so no intention to give these 2 wheel contraptions up as yet! 2smiley

doddsy1000

« Reply #8382 on: 06-Mar-19, 19:11 »
They are indeed good at ignoring bikes.

I think I know the roundabouts you mention (on the Bass Highway as you ride down to the island).

They are pretty wide & the 4 wheels rarely need to slow down much, so they just glide through with little regard.

Those roundabouts are a bit of fun for us as well though with a good lean & a nice acceleration out of them  happy0158 happy0158

That's the fun part  happy0065 happy0065

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8383 on: 24-Mar-19, 16:58 »
Not doing too much, the weather is way too humid to get out in the yard, and do some edging and a bit of mowing - with all the rain and humidity and a bit of sun between the showers the lawn is fast growing.

The Valkyrie has run into the same problem it had a few months ago - I thought it was a bad battery - but I really think it is something more head scratching.

I think I have to pull out the starter motor - and see if it has broken a tooth - hopefully in the starter gear and not the flywheel.. might even just need some new brushes.

But I will ride the Turbo to and from work until I get it sorted..

Watching the NRL - half time and Parramatta are leading (just by 2 points) - fingers crossed they win again...lol

Mins Man

« Reply #8384 on: 24-Mar-19, 19:28 »
Cheer up Charlie, things can always get worse. You could have paid a shipload of money to go on that cruise ship that's engines failed off Norway.  :titanic:
Looks like a lot of fun....

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8385 on: 24-Mar-19, 21:03 »
Thanks for that Harry,

I wouldn't like to be on that boat at all   haha.

The Valkyrie sometimes - just won't start - and I know it is not the battery or the electrical connections. Solenoid is good as well - so that only leaves the starter motor.  The other day it did it - just feels like a flat battery - maybe gives a turn and a half at very slow speed then nothing... give the starter motor a gentle tap and it spins up like nothing ever happened - so either bad windings - worn out brushes - full of carbon - not sure what else - but I am hoping I have not broken a tooth or teeth off the starter gears...so I will have to pull it out - not a motor out job - but a pretty tight spot as well from my research... just when I also get to do 3 nights overtime this week... you gotta love timing...

cheers for now - by the way the mighty Parramatta Eeeelectric Eels won - you mexicans wouldn't really know what I am talking about    lmao

doddsy1000

« Reply #8386 on: 25-Mar-19, 08:16 »
Maybe the "Electric Eels" will help with your starting problems  lmao lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8387 on: 25-Mar-19, 10:11 »
What a shocking response

Completely full of resistance to laugh at you.

I will just recite my mantra   "OHM   OHM   OHM" and contemplate generating a Voltaic response..

Thanks guys you make light work of this with your well thought out responses   lol

doddsy1000

« Reply #8388 on: 25-Mar-19, 10:46 »
Glad I could put a spark in your life Charlie  lmao lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8389 on: 25-Mar-19, 12:26 »
Yes Ian,

You definitely made my hair (or lack of) stand on end with your responses   lol

doddsy1000

« Reply #8390 on: 25-Mar-19, 15:52 »
Sorry for your loss mate.

I know you didn't have heaps to lose. 

If it's any consolation, I'm joining you there rapidly  :crash: :crash:

Mins Man

« Reply #8391 on: 30-Mar-19, 10:25 »
cheers for now - by the way the mighty Parramatta Eeeelectric Eels won - you mexicans wouldn't really know what I am talking about    lmao

I might be a Mexican, but one thing that I can understand is that your "Electrifying Eels" got flogged by the Roosters last night.
What I can't understand is how you can follow Parramatta when you live in Penrith. 2idiot
BTW have you fixed your rolling armchair yet?

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8392 on: 30-Mar-19, 10:39 »
Thanks Harry,

I enjoyed watching the game last night - despite being behind in the score - the team needs to learn how to attack - they are pretty one dimensional at the moment - and not a lot of variety in their approach.  I know we won't finish with the wooden spoon this year (very bold statement at this stage of the season as well - lol).

I've been a Parramatta fan for more than 50 years - but have adopted the Panthers as my second team having lived in this area for just under 40 of those years  lol -

The arm chair is not yet fixed - I have ordered some brushes for the starter motor and waiting for them to arrive, and if they arrive before next Friday ( my day off) I will take the bike to my mechanic and have him pull the starter motor out and replace the brushes - fingers crossed that is the problem. If not then not sure what the next step is.  I'm not confident of taking the bike for a run and if I stop it may not start again.  Hopefully it is nothing more serious than some maintenance.  Just went out and tried to start it   - lots of expletives #$&^*(@#!!!#@$%^$ sort of - it did not start.

While I was out there I put a rack on the back of the Turbo - I will be good to go to the VJMC and pack my gear on.. woo hoo.

Been riding the Turbo this week - apart from Monday - the heavens opened all morning and then we got soaked again last night..

Cheers Harry - did you put some decent tyres on your jalopy after your recent shredded holiday ?

doddsy1000

« Reply #8393 on: 30-Mar-19, 11:21 »
And Doddsy turned 60 last week.

I was young until I met you blokes.  lmao lmao lmao

With the new found maturity comes a desire to finally finish the CB900 & take it to QLD for the VJMC Rally.

It still likes fighting me at every turn.

I'd re-assembled the motor & had it running OK, but the timing was out.

When I adjusted the timing (just turned a sensor plate about 5mm), the main fuse blew.

So the whole loom was on the bench all week, but I found another one to try.

And we have had heavy rain all morning which has taken out the circuit breaker in the garage.

So, we try again tomorrow  happy0159 happy0159

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8394 on: 30-Mar-19, 11:52 »
Hi Ian,

Congratulations on making it to 60 years young...yes sometimes life throws several challenges at you - you sound like (no pun intended) you have had your share already and it's still giving you loads of interesting challenges.

I just remembered I don't think I have registered for the VJMC yet - I do not recall anything about dementia here... but I know "DYSLEXIA"  = "DAILYSEX"... as I keep trying to explain to my wife.... she has been suffering for a while (with me)    lmao

Mins Man

« Reply #8395 on: 30-Mar-19, 12:00 »
As a matter of fact I have Charlie, just yesterday. I bought a set of 225-50/16 Bridgestone Potenzas for it from Costco for $578 which I reckon is a pretty good price.
I also got a new pair of glasses while I was there for half the money OPSM wanted. happy0158

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8396 on: 30-Mar-19, 14:57 »
Nice one Harry,

You just to remember to put them on    Doh

doddsy1000

« Reply #8397 on: 30-Mar-19, 20:19 »
Costco glasses?

Should I worry which end each tyre will be on?

lmao lmao lmao

Dr Don

« Reply #8398 on: 31-Mar-19, 09:57 »
For your Wasp, I still have the yellow fairing.  Don (80 now).

doddsy1000

« Reply #8399 on: 31-Mar-19, 15:18 »
I wish.  :crash:

The way I'm going , the Wasp will be another ten years.

But at east the CB900 went back together well again today & the fuse issue is solved.

Too wet to ride it (Which means that it's clean & I don't want to clean it again  2funny 2funny).

Let's see if i can do a bit better & catch you before you turn 90 Don.  happy0158

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt