Puggle

Website Migration

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 314913 times)

white knight

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8450 on: 15-May-19, 06:41 »
Scenery-Australia.Now there's an oxymoron.

Onetrack

« Reply #8451 on: 15-May-19, 11:38 »
Scenery-Australia.Now there's an oxymoron.
What do you mean Chris, we have more politicians per square meter than any other country. Not one of them with a decent view.
"Young" Les F

white knight

« Reply #8452 on: 16-May-19, 08:04 »
Sounds like ours Les-We have the tooth fairy who is making International headlines (while no doubt vote winning)while policies here are going down the dunny due to impotent polly's.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8453 on: 16-May-19, 17:21 »
Well, what a *****ty 24 hours I have had.

It all started 24 hours ago, and it has only gotten worse.

Riding into the airbnb I was staying last night - it was a very bad dirt road - and lo and behold it became a goat track and an advanced downward slope - very well suited to a 4wd not a road bike - and I dropped the Turbo resulting in a broken right blinker - skin off bruises and shock. A few more battle scars to add.
Taped up what I could and continued on this morning. Bit sore as well.

Got rained on well and truly this morning and just out of Coffs Harbour my volt meter went from 14.1 up to 27 volts - being a bit concerned I pulled over and again it was belting down. '

Rang Harry  - as I didn't have a meter to check the output. Harry picked me up - we offloaded his custom loaded up the Turbo - and belting down rain I rode the custom to Grafton. Totally saturated - very cold - found a mechanic - he said the gauge was bad and not the reg/rectifier.. Waste of 3 hours for nothing then.

I think I have had enough  - not feeling that great - so may not continue to Gold Coast to camp for three days in wet weather.

cheers

Seagrass

« Reply #8454 on: 16-May-19, 17:33 »
Good to hear you are OK Charlie and the bike is still good to go.

You have gone most of the way so you may as well keep going now.

The forecast for the Gold Coast is showers with 1 to 4mm of rain each day for the next few days.

Seagrass

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8455 on: 16-May-19, 17:59 »
Seagrass,

I really don't feel comfortable at the moment, I'm a bit sore from the fall yesterday, all my clothes are soaking wet, and honestly I don't feel up to it.. I probably should have thought a bit better, about my choices.

Will consider overnight but  very certain I may head south.

Kathy

« Reply #8456 on: 16-May-19, 19:41 »
Ron and I left home last Sunday for a three month long 4WD/camper trailer trip and, after visiting some friends along the way, we arrived on the Gold Coast this afternoon.

We're planning to visit the VJMC rally over the next few days and also catch up with some VJMC/CX friends.

Mins Man

« Reply #8457 on: 16-May-19, 21:57 »
Safe trip Charlie.
Hope you dont need to use the tools

Shouldn't have put the Moz on him Ray.... :tease:

white knight

« Reply #8458 on: 17-May-19, 08:01 »
Sorry to hear all of that Charlie,cheer up the GC will still be there next year.Quite frankly I cant understand why they would hold this rally in late Autumn with its fickle weather,is this normal timing?

VC3

« Reply #8459 on: 17-May-19, 12:12 »
Wow, Charlie, sorry to hear of your mishap.  Glad you are mostly OK and that the Turbo is rideable.

David from Wisconsin sent the image below out in one of his email chains, hope it makes you smile....and that the arthritis reference doesn't apply....I'm pretty sure the ibuprofen reference does.  Hang in there.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8460 on: 17-May-19, 15:42 »
Thanks Victor,

I have that photo - even looks like me from the back - might have to get a T-shirt and wear it.

Chris aka White Knight - yes there will be next year - that's a long way ahead for me - I know one thing I won't be camping - It just takes me too much time to pack the bike - I would rather just have my gearsack bag and that's it.

I need to economise on all the clothes and other bits I do take -

Have ridden from Grafton down to Taree and staying here tonight - bike is OK - but I am definitely worse than I thought. Right shoulder and neck are giving me a fair bit of pain, and the bruise is just starting to come out on my leg.

Before I left Grafton this morning I unhooked the digital volt meter - but when I started the bike it was showing the correct voltage - but in the back of my mind I didn't want to look at it. That meter cost me and Harry (sorry again mate) about 3 hours minimum of wasted time - if I would have packed in my multimeter (I normally do) - it could have been a very different story. But after arriving in Grafton dripping wet and very tired I think I made the right decision. Also noticed the foot brake was not lighting the rear light, checked the connection and found the switch had come off the connecting arm of the pedal. Reconnected it after loosening then attaching then readjusting the pedal action - all good.

Having a cup of coffee.

cheers guys

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8461 on: 17-May-19, 17:37 »
Have had one small issue with the bike.

Not sure what the cause is - the problem is not constant and seems to come out of the blue but every so often it gives a stumble of sorts, when cruising about 90kmh and it feels like it has lost power or spark or even a fuel blockage.
If I give it a handful - it seems to clear itself after boost kicks in within about three-four seconds and is good for another period of time?
But it has also happened when pulling up a hill in 5th gear doing about the same speed, and on the flat - the same thing?

Anyone have suggestions as to what it could be?
I have been running 95 since I started the trip and using some valve saver additive as well.

Maybe I need another fuel filter - pretty sure the injectors are ok???

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers

Charlie

Seagrass

« Reply #8462 on: 17-May-19, 18:29 »
Charlie good to hear you have safely arrived at Taree, I have been thinking of you today and wondering how you were getting on. Maybe some anti-inflamatories like Voltaren might help the aches and pains.

I am on my way to Melbourne for a few days work, just waiting for my 7pm flight on the “Bogan Bus” (Jetstar) as the cabbies call it.

I don’t fly Jetstar often and never regret it when I don’t!

Seagrass

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8463 on: 17-May-19, 18:45 »
Seagrass,

Unfortunately I do not have any with me - but will definitely get some when home.

Have fun on the Bogan Bus  - enjoy your trip.

happy0061

Onetrack

« Reply #8464 on: 18-May-19, 06:31 »
Seagrass,

Have fun on the Bogan Bus  - enjoy your trip.

happy0061

Not possible, Jetstar-Proudly taking the glamour out of travel,

"Young" Les F

VC3

« Reply #8465 on: 18-May-19, 06:36 »
Hi Charlie....could the hesitation or stumble be due to dirt/rust from the tank that was stirred up when the bike went over?  The fuel filter may be partly clogged.

Take care with that bruise on your leg, be sure to take plenty of walking breaks.....a leg injury plus inactivity can result in a blood clot.  My first one started that way.

Victor

Seagrass

« Reply #8466 on: 18-May-19, 07:26 »
Charlie I am guessing you "hiccough" is caused by either fuel or electrical problems (stating the obvious I know)

It could be water in the fuel, a partially clogged injector or even a dirty filter as Victor suggested.

It could also be the spark plugs, what sort of spark plugs are in the bike?

It could also be something as silly as loose bits of old carbon coming away from the top of the pistons and lodging temporarily on the spark plug tip not allowing spark. This is highly unlikely but a remote possibility none the less.

Seagrass

BUFF7454

« Reply #8467 on: 18-May-19, 08:46 »
charlie , i recently purchased a power socket to fit on the handle bars. it has the traditional outlet plus 2 USB ports and an isolator switch but the great part is it has an alternating voltage display of what you are charging and what you are using. $15 delivered. Might be an answer to your amp meter issues.

VC3

« Reply #8468 on: 18-May-19, 11:51 »
VJMC Rally pictures are starting to come in - see if you guess who the forum member is - here's the first one:

Onetrack

« Reply #8469 on: 18-May-19, 15:29 »
I know, I know ... Doddsy left his gear at home.

"Young" Les F

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8470 on: 18-May-19, 16:02 »
Home safe,

Ride uneventful - nice and sunny - but cooler while riding. No hiccups or stumbles all the way home. Very busy on the roads and lots of road work limiting speed to 80km/h for some long stretches.

15km one lane other side of Karuah due to an oil spill...

talk more later.

cheers

doddsy1000

« Reply #8471 on: 18-May-19, 17:31 »
No, Doddsy didn't leave his gear at home.

He actually left almost everything at home.

I ran out of time to do the trip, as usual with work commitments (I think I need a better occupation).

So the VFR750 is still on my trailer in the garage at home, strapped down & ready to tow.

I gave up on all that & caught (what I now know) a bogan express to Goolangatta & grabbed a hire car.

Still camping with enough gear fitting in the suitcase to do a good job.  I'm attending a "Motorcycle Rally" with a Kia.  (They wouldn't let me put it on display, even after I told them it had CX650 rings  lmao).

Charlie has booked us a private bathroom on a tent site which is superb & I've delegated the travel stories to him this year while I get the easiest run ever.  This place is more like a resort than "caravan park" with it's own all day Cafe' serving delightful cappuccino's.  Apparently I'm not allowed to do somersaults on the jumping bag & they want a warning if I use the pool.  2funny

The Show n Shine is done for the day & it went very well with a great turnout of machines.  (Photo's when I get home, except for one from the phone).

I can't hear at the dinner, so I've bailed on that again.

And Harry is plotting a major "stirring assault" on Charlie for turning back.  (Even though I'm not allowed to tell you that he doesn't blame him a bit.  2shocked).

And that's the very organised & very easy first half of my trip.  Who needs motorcycles?  lmao lmao

doddsy1000

« Reply #8472 on: 18-May-19, 17:54 »
One extra item though is that Harry & I met Johans today (I hope I've spelled that right).

He's one of our forum members from Sydney & a thoroughly nice bloke with a cx500 Shadow that looks a bit like Kathy's.

Apparently she got a few calls saying that her bike was leaking a little fuel, but not hers at all.  lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #8473 on: 18-May-19, 18:48 »
Thanks Ian,

Harry mentioned to me he has enough ammunition to last him 6 months - so I'm prepared  lol... But I also understand he has been shooting blanks for that long it won't do any damage whatever he tries to fire  haha

Glad to see there has been some sunshine there- Harry mentioned this morning that weather has not been that great and humidity is an issue. Hope you guys enjoy the rally - and not the mosquitoes enjoying you.

Charlie

VC3

« Reply #8474 on: 19-May-19, 02:13 »
Nope, not Doddsy….try again or give a guess on rally attendee forum member #2:

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt