Puggle

Website Migration

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 313399 times)

doddsy1000

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8600 on: 19-Sep-19, 19:48 »
That's a clear screen for 37 years old.

My glasses are worse than that at 37 weeks.  lmao lmao lmao

Kathy

« Reply #8601 on: 19-Sep-19, 22:05 »
Maybe drill a small hole in each end to stop it going any further?
Not sure - concerned the plastic may have become very brittle ...

Kathy

« Reply #8602 on: 19-Sep-19, 22:06 »
That's a clear screen for 37 years old.

My glasses are worse than that at 37 weeks.  lmao lmao lmao
You need to clean you glasses @doddsy1000  - it's 39 years old!!   happy0194

doddsy1000

« Reply #8603 on: 19-Sep-19, 22:23 »
Don't look at me in that tone of voice  lmao lmao lmao

VC3

« Reply #8604 on: 20-Sep-19, 03:02 »
Looking through the local Craigslist postings I came across this CX.....looks like he stuck some old suitcases on for panniers?

https://olympic.craigslist.org/mcy/d/sequim-honda-cx-500/6981624301.html

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

muzza

« Reply #8605 on: 20-Sep-19, 04:16 »
I do hope those seats are seriously comfortable - because they are seriously ugly...

Mins Man

« Reply #8606 on: 20-Sep-19, 09:28 »
600 hundred bucks for a nice Custom is quite reasonable, but the seat, panniers and fairing ruin this bike.
For a few bucks more Victor, you could have had this beautiful little Postie.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-honda-trail-110-4/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-09-19

VC3

« Reply #8607 on: 20-Sep-19, 09:37 »
Agree, the "add-ons" ruin the poor thing, price is right though.

$4k is too steep for me, but I"m tempted to go look at this one that's been for sale locally for a while:

https://olympic.craigslist.org/mcy/d/carlsborg-1980-honda-110-trail-bike/6972294451.html

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

VC3

« Reply #8608 on: 20-Sep-19, 09:39 »
Hi Muzza.....those seats are, to my eye, extremely ugly but according to Les they are very comfy.  How 'bout the suitcases?   :2scared:

muzza

« Reply #8609 on: 20-Sep-19, 14:53 »
Them cases are a bit overdone , I have to say. But if you were taking the missus for a round the world trip they might be just the right size. Its hard to see them over the seat though .....   ;-)

Mins Man

« Reply #8610 on: 20-Sep-19, 19:49 »
$4k is too steep for me, but I"m tempted to go look at this one that's been for sale locally for a while:
Yes Victor, I'd offer the owner 1500 bucks and then just enjoy scooting around town on it.
I'm curious as to how it's a Honda Trail without the 2 speed transmission and I have to admit that it really bugs me when people advertise these CT110's as being automatic when they are actually a clutchless manual.

doddsy1000

« Reply #8611 on: 20-Sep-19, 20:15 »
How do they idle if they're clutchless?

denuto

« Reply #8612 on: 20-Sep-19, 23:05 »
Centrifugal clutch and manually shifted transmission. At engine idle speed there is no drive and the centrifugal clutch takes up and provides drive when the engine is revved. Back off the throttle and the clutch disconnects and you can change gear. In the end it's just like riding a bike with a clutch, but you just forget that you have to operate the clutch

VC3

« Reply #8613 on: 21-Sep-19, 02:35 »
Hi Harry....I'm no expert, but apparently Honda sold the CT110 in the US in 1980 only without the two-speed transmission.  I'd guess it is what you call a "Postie" and the earlier and later CT110's with the two-speed feature you got in Oz as an agricultural version, or at least that's what I think I recall you saying....

This bike may have been for sale for a while due to the lack of the two-speed transmission....otherwise, the price seems right and the pictures seem to show it is in good condition for its age.  Although I"m doing better than six months ago, I'm not really well enough to ride so I likely won't even look at it.....I'd like to be able to ride one to the grocery, etc. but best I resist temptation.

Mins Man

« Reply #8614 on: 21-Sep-19, 09:16 »
That's interesting Victor. I assumed that most of the CT's sold over there would have the 2 speed tranny for off road use, because as far as I've seen they weren't used by USPS.
Out here they were used everywhere by Posties and were not able to be bought new from Honda.
The Ag bikes (2 speed tranny) could be purchased new, but didn't come with a compliance plate and couldn't be registered for on road use.
A few years ago Honda did start to sell them new through their dealers, but at the price of about $4600 +ORC they were competing with all the scooters on the market and the second hand ones from the auctions selling for 600 - 800 bucks. They stopped selling them after a couple of years.
I think this one is perfect as a grocery getter, all it needs is a milk crate strapped to the carrier.

muzza

« Reply #8615 on: 22-Sep-19, 06:35 »
the last postie bikes in NZ were sold in 2010. Theres still the odd 2-speed tranny one sitting in dealerships as the agbike ones were around for longer. Mine is a 2010 version for my 1km commute to work

doddsy1000

« Reply #8616 on: 14-Oct-19, 23:24 »
Charlie kept this topic going didn't he?

Whilst I'll miss his banter, my good news is more for the start of life.

I became a grandfather for the third time again on Friday.

Young Ivy came into our world & I eventually got a clear photo.  2funny

The other photo's are the 2 boys with their father (My oldest son).

I'd better build more bikes.  Not that they ever actually work or anything  lmao lmao lmao

Onetrack

« Reply #8617 on: 16-Oct-19, 07:04 »
See Doddsy, all that wear and tear of yours can be overcome. I see it took two generations to repair all that facial hair. :tease:

"Young" Les F

doddsy1000

« Reply #8618 on: 16-Oct-19, 13:32 »
Thank you Les.  :well:  lmao lmao

Onetrack

« Reply #8619 on: 16-Oct-19, 18:33 »
That's OK, think almost nothing of it.

"Young" Les F

doddsy1000

« Reply #8620 on: 16-Oct-19, 22:50 »
Very Funny.  lmao

Tonight's episode had me puting the Euro engine into the custom frame. 

But the main story is my CB900 (yes, it never did end  :crash:).

I'll find the relevant topics & update them.

bahn88

« Reply #8621 on: 20-Oct-19, 16:23 »
Charlie kept this topic going didn't he?

Whilst I'll miss his banter, my good news is more for the start of life.

I became a grandfather for the third time again on Friday.

Young Ivy came into our world & I eventually got a clear photo.  2funny

The other photo's are the 2 boys with their father (My oldest son).

I'd better build more bikes.  Not that they ever actually work or anything  lmao lmao lmao
Enjoy the experience! Kids will refresh you.
And being a grandparent-you can enjoy the positives-without missing out on sleep!

Mins Man

« Reply #8622 on: 03-Nov-19, 17:01 »
I spent an hour in the shed fitting the secondhand indicators that I found recently. There's gold paint on the back of them which makes me think that they must have come from Charlie.
I feel good that my bike has something that belonged to him on it, but I really can't remember how I came by them.
Next problem I have is finding the headlight. I kept asking myself where would I have put something large and fragile, and came up with the answer...God only knows! And seeing as I'm an atheist I don't think he's going to tell me.
Spent half an hour looking for it, then gave up and decided to have a beer. happy0167

doddsy1000

« Reply #8623 on: 03-Nov-19, 17:21 »
If I help you find the headlight, will you paint the bike the right colour?  lmao lmao lmao

Mins Man

« Reply #8624 on: 03-Nov-19, 20:10 »
Bit late for that Doddso, it's Subaru Silver and I'm not going to change it. I actually have a spare headlight that came with the bike when I bought it from Harold, but I'm stuffed if I know where that one is too. :dontknow:

Seeing as you posted pics of your granddaughter Doddsy, I thought that I'd share one of mine.
I wasn't ecstatic about baby sitting last Wednesday because it was great weather for going fishing, but as her Grandma was warming her lunch I thought I'd take a selfie of us.
Unfortunately she grabbed the phone, (I hate touch phones) and this was the result!

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM       Bad Behavior      Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot      Let's Encrypt

Puggle